Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 184977 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have 1.5" so far. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ended up with .8 inches and most about 5 this afternoon and fast too..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got going with the mower a little after 4. About 5:20 the sky turned pitch black & the yardlight came on. Time to park the mower & check the radar. Looked impressive. Pretty breezy at first, rained hard for about 20 minutes then came thru in waves. .63" after chores ~6:45. Has been raining since. Guessing it'll probably put us over 8" of rain for the month at the ranch.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We got .85" here in God's Country.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Gauge read 1.1" of rain this morning. 3.6" for the month.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We ended up just shy of 1 3/4". 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A little before 6 yday afternoon I heard a couple big rumbles of thunder. About 5 minutes later I thought it had started to hail, took a peek & it was just wind & rain. It was raining so hard that I couldn't see much past our bank. When I looked today there was a good 1.65" in the gauge & I wouldn't be that surprised if the neighbor has 1.85" as it came down sideways. Just about all of that came down in 30-35 minutes too. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
my son is at the cabin. got there about 6 last night he said. said there was at least an inch of standing water in the fire pit!!! :shocked:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Final tally .87" at the ranch & .71" in Bugtussle. That puts me at 8.1" at the ranch & 7.02" in Bugtussle for August. Looked a little wild but haven't heard about any major damage from the storm.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I was down dragging the end of our driveway this AM & the neighbor across the road was leaving. Spoke with 'em a bit, they said they had 1.85". Talked to the 1 next door a little later & he said the same thing.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had a brief thundershower roll thru here around 6-ish. .07" at the ranch & .11" in Bugtussle. The SROC has made a change in the way they're reporting daily weather data & it's taking some getting used to. Time is measured using a 24 hr. clock. Fine if you've been in a job where you're used to it. Not so much otherwise. And there will be no snow measurement with this new system so not sure if someone will still be responsible for that at the SROC or not. It's valuable info to have sometimes especially in a spring like '23 and this past one where too many people assumed our soil moisture was lacking. They didn't take into account that the snow added soil moisture that we normally don't have when the ground is frozen. It added bushels last year and took them away this growing season.

https://sroc.cfans.umn.edu/weather

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooper and Jake were outside and I heard Cooper bark at the door so I went to let him in.  It was pouring rain.  He came right in and I see Jake running as fast as he can when he saw me let Cooper in.   :Clap:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
all you softey's best get your long undies out........39 for a low tomorrow night!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
all you softey's best get your long undies out........39 for a low tomorrow night!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Meanwhile, in Canada...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
getting some lite rain here.. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had a quick hitter move thru here about 1:30. Looked like just under a tenth at the ranch when I pulled in.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man it is dark here and just started absolutely pouring out.  We are in a heavy rain and thunderstorm for another 50 minutes.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have 3/4" already. One of those green sky events.