Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Daylight savings time.  (Read 4518 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is nice having it bright and sunny @ 6:00 PM!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been thinking that too.  Since I am retired and don't have to get up at 6 anymore it is still getting light by 7ish.  That's not bad.  Gonna get lighter earlier every day.  I could be paid under the table to go either way on which one to settle on.   :confused:  SO for me to try to settle this in my own mind I am going to try to pay attention this year.   The way we are now I do like but lets see this fall how that works.   Remember this.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
If we kept it this way then during gun season we can sleep an extra hour in the morning before going out to the stand.  ;) Would also get another hour after work to hunt.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Same with ice fishing. Never undersfood why
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Same with ice fishing. Never undersfood why
undersfood  :bonk: :doah: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
If we kept it this way then during gun season we can sleep an extra hour in the morning before going out to the stand.  ;) Would also get another hour after work to hunt.
I don't have a regs book here but it looks like online it's sposed to fall back on the 5th of Nov.  If not sunrise won't be close to 9am in December,  is that what you guys want? Not me, letter fall back and keep it. Or just leave it the way it's been.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I still think the best would be to split the difference. Then hopefully everyone would be happy.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I wouldn't mind doing that and others have talked about it. Sounds like most are concerned it would be a problem since the rest of the planet would be on the hour and we'd be on the half hour.

So far this time change has been less problematic than some years. Luckily most of our lambs are on the ground already. Doesn't always work that way. However, if I could condition my body into knowing it was coming that would help. Not always easy to do either especially when operating on little sleep to begin with. I never complain about the fall change. Getting that extra hour of sleep back and looking at the clock knowing I have plenty of time to get whatever it is I need to do done is comforting. The main problem I have with DST is that if the sun is still up, it means I should be working on something or I feel guilty if I'm not most of the time. All that does is make me tired. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Agree, benefits both ways. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
while i was a workin stiff...it would bother me a bit. during the winter i was go to and from work in the dark......now that every day is a saturday.....meh dont care!!!!!!   :happy1: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know why but it's never bothered me with the  change of times. Some guys at work yes forgetting to change clocks. I hear ya Glenn working dark to dark, did that many years. Now going in so early I get to enjoy some daylight in tge winter afternoon's. Hopefully 8 yrs I can say the same..