Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NCAA BB tourney  (Read 5283 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so who"s participating in a tourney board.

i was offered but declined. i havent followed it all year!!!!!!its only a ten dollar entry, but......
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to play in one or two at work, but don't play any now.  I don't have the time to pay attention to the teams to do anything more than guess.

A company big muckety-muck from out east decided to show what a regular guy he was - so he sponsored a board for the employees and encouraged us all to have fun with it - promised big prizes for the winner and encouraged good natured, politically correct trash talk.

Long story short, I won the bracket, and because I was just a guy in fly-over country, he forgot all about the big prizes.   :thumbs:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Me neither.....probably won't even watch most of it until the final couple games.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen #1 seed Purdue got sent packing by a 16 seed

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No pools, but I watch a lot of the games.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Same here, especially B1G games. That Purdue loss was amazing. Guessing a lot of brackets took a major hit, especially if you're a Purdue alum. Much snarling and gnashing of teeth on Twitter from them.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Same here, especially B1G games. That Purdue loss was amazing. Guessing a lot of brackets took a major hit, especially if you're a Purdue alum. Much snarling and gnashing of teeth on Twitter from them.

EPSN had over 20 million brackets filled out. Not one is still perfect. Thats before the games on the first Saturday of the tourney.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my uncle does a bracket thing.........its only 10 bucks.........but i havent followed it this year hardly at all. so i passed. one year when i was still working at DCI going into the weekend before the final 4......i had 3 0f 4 of my top teams still in it.......guess what they all lost!!!! :bonk: :pouty:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Plus... the tallest team in the tourny got beat by the shortest.  :happy1: 

The big 7'4"er from Purdue didn't attempt a shot in the last 5+ minutes.  :bonk:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Kept hearing all year Purdue guard play was suspect if you stopped the big guy. Appears they were right even though he still had 21 pts. & 15 boards.
« Last Edit: March 03/18/23, 10:04:44 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
8 seed upsets so far... two #1s, a #2, and a #4 out.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Purdue's big problem was the same as the Ia St.'s & Drake's.......................nobody could make a 3, so everybody could sag inside on their big guys. Iowa had the same problem,  as they never made a 3 pointer in the 1st 1/2, in their loss. :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
watched kansas go down last night........ bet there is alot of unhappy bracket people!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I listened to the Gonzaga/UCLA game on the radio last night.  Holy Hannah, what a game!  :happy1:

Gonzaga kept pace early, but soon fell behind by 13.
They mounted a comeback to take the lead by 2.
They played close the rest of the way til Gonzaga went up by 6 with about a minute to play.
The radio announcers said UCLA looked spent and the game was all but over.
Then full court pressure by UCLA caused two turn overs, then missed foul shots by Gonzaga, and UCLA managed to take the lead by 1 with 12 seconds left.
Gonzaga came back and drilled a 3 to take a 2 point lead with 1.5 seconds left on the clock.
And the UCLA full court heave missed to give Gonzaga the victory.
 :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure how you can listen to BB on the radio?? That's about as stimulating as watching golf on TV!! :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I had nothing else to listen to and I wanted to see how the tournament was going.  to make matters worse, the radio network was switching back and forth between two games and you had no choice of which one you wanted to hear.  Yes, a lot of the play by play was just noise, but when the game got down to crunch time, it was still very exciting.

I like watching golf on TV - where a "charge" up the leaderboard can take 90 minutes.  It is a slow burn.   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The last 2 #1 seeds got beat yday. The 1st time in history, since '79, that there's no # 1 left in the Elite 8. Dutcher's Aztecs took down the #1 overall seed, Alabama, in a physical game.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The last 2 #1 seeds got beat yday. The 1st time in history, since '79, that there's no # 1 left in the Elite 8. Dutcher's Aztecs took down the #1 overall seed, Alabama, in a physical game.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: bet them bracket people are going nutz!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It was incredible how many amazing games there were in the rounds of 16 and 8.   :happy1:

• FAU, a #9 seed, knocking off #4 tennessee and #3 Kansas.
  • Gonzaga an amazing come back win vs UCLA.
  • Brian Dutcher's #5 San Diego St. taking out #1 overall Alabama and then beating Creighton in the final seconds.
  • Seed teams remaining in the Final 4:  #4 UConn, #5 Miami, #5 San Diego St., and #9 FAU.
Since I don't play brackets, so I normally don't pay as close attention to all the games as I did this year.  But if I was going to pick a year to watch...  this is the one!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, the last 2 rounds of been some really good games. :cool: The women's tourney has been good too, with 3 BIG teams still in the mix. Maryland has a tall task tonight though with #1 overall South Carolina. Caitlin Clark goes for 41 pts,12 assists, & 10 rebounds last night to put Iowa in the Final 4 for the 1st time since 93. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Both Maryland & Ohio St women's teams go down last night. Their Final 4 starts Friday night @ 6, ESPN.
« Last Edit: March 03/28/23, 02:10:44 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'd love to see one of the lowest seeds pull it off. i'd bet this will be one of the worst years for this bracketology!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
By reading this it almost makes me think I missed something by not watching any of it.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
College basketball is the wild, wild west with kids jumping schools thru the transfer portal.

I heard or read somewhere that it won't be long until there are only about 25 schools that matter, attract all the talent, and the other schools will be 'also rans'. 

That will probably make for some exciting basketball games, the tournament will continue to be the Golden Goose for the NCAA, but besides the money (and goodness knows who get it all and what they use it for) I can't see how the transfer portal and "Name, Image, & Likeness is good for college athletics.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Isn't there a bunch of 25 & 26 year olds playing due to the Covid mess? Is that the reason the one & done Blue Bloods aren't in the finals?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
watching the womens final 4. that Iowa team is pretty damn good. there giving south carolina a good run for there money.....the clark gal is something else!!!!!! :happy1: they get by SC they should win it all!!!!!!! :happy1:

find it pretty interesting......Iowa has all white players/starters........SC all black!!!! and then white women are fast as hell!!!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I’m try hard not to laugh about Glenn watching the women’s final 4…. At least someone is watching.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I’m try hard not to laugh about Glenn watching the women’s final 4…. At least someone is watching.
why??? :scratch: some of them are pretty darn cute :sleazy: :smoking:.....and they have come a long ways playin ball!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good game......that Clark is the best in the country. Officials are letting SC get away with being VERY Physical. 6'7" Center.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.