Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vietnam Veterans Day  (Read 699 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
over yonder there's a thread that today is Vietnam veterans day........ SOOOO heres to all the vets that served over there. they way they got treated was  :bs: when they came home.

and also a HUGE KIUDOS to anyone else that served in any other conflict!!!!!! the real heroes!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
all vets served with honor, I'm from that time frame but my orders were upgraded so I never served in country...  still paid a price...   so along with your salute I also salute all vets period...   just met one vet last night that is a walking picture for helping vets with the service dogs...    thanks Glenn!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kudos to all of you.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Agreed, all vets are to be honored. I do have a special place in my heart for the Vietnam vets. A lot of them were treated like crap upon their return and like one of my decorated Nam vet customers said, they were never really given the opportunity to win that war. One of the first Vietnam vets I had as a customer in ND was a gunner on a helicopter shot down behind enemy lines. As a result his hearing was severely impaired and he'd burned his hands badly on his machine gun. They fought their way out and made it back to friendly territory alive. I was just glad they had the war wrapped up before I was of age. Had been watching it on TV since the mid-60's up thru the copters being dumped into the ocean in '75. The country was very tired of war by then and even abolished the draft for a few years. I never even had to register. I still feel very fortunate. Always tried to give vets extra in my business and to those who are friends   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I graduated in 72 so were pretty much done drafting. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I salute to all of you!!
Hey look your bobber is up!