Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: DNR closing deer season?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I guess there is talk about shutting down the deer season this year north of hwy 95 due to the number of deer found dead due to starvation.

They are saying the deer numbers could reflect similar statistics of 1970-71 seasons when they closed deer hunting.

Can’t add links but the articles are on kstp and the star tribune.

2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A buddy sent me a clip yesterday about how bad things are in Wyoming.  They expect to lose at least 70% of their elk and mule  deer and antelope.  Hwy crews are picking up truck loads of dead animals by the roads.  I hope it isn't that bad here.  I wonder if they are going to do the hay bale drops with choppers?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The deer up here have had it way better this year than last year. We had double the snow last winter and it was colder longer. I remember up here after 2 back to back winters. 95/96 and 96/97 the DNR said they lost 75% of the deer herd. To much revenue loss for them to close the season.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i just looked at he severity index the other day wasnt all that bad expect for along the north shore and a few other areas!!!!!

JB is right to much $$$ if anything it be bucks only.......put i have started seeing less hunters around the cabin area an seems to be more hunting south!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
If they opend deer season year round, yu still wouldnt get one...
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
If they opend deer season year round, yu still wouldnt get one...
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: well that didnt take long to get the darts out!!!!!!!!! i dont remember seeing any pictures of your bambi either??? :scratch: :mooning:
« Last Edit: April 04/01/23, 08:40:10 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Lol…of course this could just be someone’s bad April fools joke…
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Lol. Good point Pulleye.
Hey look your bobber is up!