Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Boat battery set up  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I went from two batteries, to three batteries, and want to go back to two batteries.

How do you set up your boat batteries if only running two?

Main motor (90hp)
Auxiliary equipment (radio/lights/etc)
Trolling motor
Fish finder

When running three batteries, I did one for the main motor and auxiliary equip. One for trolling and one for fish finder.

With only two batteries, would you do one for main motor, auxiliary, and fish finder, and one for the trolling motor? 
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup.  I have two for the bow mount and the other for main motor and acc.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, that's how ours is set up too. Only the TM is connected up front & everything else is hooked up to the outboard starting battery in the rear. We have room for 2 batteries in the front, so that's what we've always run. We used to run a 12v TM but we went 24v last season. The TM can cause interference on your graphs if they're hooked up the other way.
« Last Edit: April 04/29/23, 07:23:56 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i have 2 also......and dont have a clue how i hooked them up.  :surrender: maybe changes every year. there both in the back in a seperate compartment opposite the gas tank.

for the motor, accessories, locator trolling motor and my wifes anchor mate!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Google

well…isn’t this what you get when search google???  :crazy: :crazy:
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We only have 2 also, the trolling motor and front finder run off 1 and the main battery handles everything else including the main finder, bilge, live wells, radio, lights..