Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Triple Crown  (Read 1168 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Anyone else watch the Derby. Most exciting 3 minutes in sports. 150,000 people there. Love the pageantry. Horse running in it ran a bunch of races in Shakopee. He finished 2nd. Neck and neck down the stretch.

50th anniversary of the greatest racehorse of all time......Secretariat. I will always remember that one since I got married exactly 1 month after the race.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We did. It seemed like there were a lot of horses together until they come down the stretch.
Good race
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I heard on the radio they had issues. How many horses actually ran?? Horses getting sick thing???
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like to watch it almost every year.  The hours building up to it are a lot of fun too if you have the time on that day.  Wonderful sporting event!  The Secretariat stuff was great!  Yes they have had 6 or 7 horses die recently.  Haven't heard details. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Supposed to be 20.....2 scratched so 18 ran.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I was  never much of a fan of horse racing. Went to  Canterbury Downs a couple times and won the first time I bet, but only because I didn’t know how to read the odds, bet on a longshot, and won. I’m still not a big fan, but enjoy watching the pageantry, and admire the horses.
The turning point for me was in 2009 when I was visiting friends in Atlanta and we watched the derby over mint juleps before dinner. The winning horse was a 50:1 longshot, and it was pretty exciting to watch in real time.  That  convinced me to watch the big races.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
National Treasure for the win in the Preakness. He was the favorite breaking from the gate. Kentucky Derby winner Mage finished third. Neck and neck down the stretch. :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We took a barn tour of Churchill Downs a week after the Kentucky Derby several years back.  We got to watch horses from the fence as they broke from the gate on the far side and then watch another race from the fence as they ran into the first turn.  It was incredible - and different - to see and hear the horses thunder by without the noise of the crowd or the announcer.

I asked the tour guide for a tip and he gave me one.  I got to the betting window just before the race went off and the tip paid.  :happy1:  But you really have to know what you are doing to make any money at handicapping.