Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FISHING REPORT MAY 21 TO THE 27TH 2023  (Read 695 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Fast and furious bite on both lakes with the water warming is basically the best way to describe the bite. I have been guiding daily with some of my favorite customers the Rose party  and the beck party along with some new customers and we have filled limits and possession limits for all the groups. At first we were catching most of the fish in 5 fow or less but lately they are moving out to around 8 fow to 14 fow with nightcrawler propeller blades or spinner minnow blades equally effective. In Many areas pulling plugs is very good. Sharpe from Pierre all the way down to west bend is great but catching numbers is necessary to get limits of over 15 inch fish. Fortunately most experienced anglers are doing that. Oahe has started to go especially in areas that you can find warmer stained water. The wind has been blowing lately but even with that as a factor we have been catching numbers of fish. Both Lakes are very busy so expect boat ramps that are full and lots of traffic at our great fish cleaning stations. Summer is here so lots of water sunscreen fly repellent are items that make for better trips. Both lakes are putting out very nice fish and it looks like another great year for the fishing around Pierre or for that matter all up and down the system .As usual periodically I will mention that most of us guides that have spent years on the water look at the walleye as great eating fish and fun to catch but the real sport is hunting them down and finding them. The best walleye fishermen I know are very good at that and it takes practice to achieve that part of your fishing. It is not hard to run your boat into a community spot with 20 other boats as boats are much easier to find than fish but catching lots of fish in a spot that you found because you spent the time to learn the art of the hunt is very rewarding. You will also earn the respect of the best fishermen on the Lake and the people in your boat  when they realize you are good at finding the fish. That is really true with most species. Watch the weather this time of the year as storms can pop up quick. Thank you to all my recent customers . Some great times.

HUTCH’S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman