Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: surgery  (Read 4622 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just over 3 years ago I surgery on both legs to help the blood circulation..  helped some at the time...  just made an appointment for another surgery on Oct 3rd at the Mpls VA...  supposed to be a day surgery, sure hope so...  they are going to go in a leg artery and place a balloon and a stint they said..  have to stay at my son's over night as they want someone to be with me for the first day...   but if all goes real good I'll be home the same day...  we will see I guess..  and of course I had a periodontal appointment that day too..  get that changed to tomorrow...  always something..   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
good luck buddy with that surgery........... :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Mike.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck with the surgery Mike!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks guys, I know it's a simple procedure but it still gets to me...   hopefully it will help, but no one knows for sure..  it's all a guessing game... 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Mike,  should be a breeze.  You'll be doing cartwheels in no time!!  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think that the older we get the scarier these things are.  The Drs. are so good these days.  It is great that they found the issue and know what to do about it.  Good luck Mike.  You will be better afterwards. 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck with surgery and a quick recovery.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Mike.  No chasing the nurses until you’ve healed.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Mike.  No chasing the nurses until you’ve healed.

they will have too chase me.   10 pound weight limit for a bit!!!   but thanks for the heads up!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good luck mikey! Maybe glenn can send some of the twin-chair twins to help with the heavy lifting...😉
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck mikey! Maybe glenn can send some of the twin-chair twins to help with the heavy lifting...😉
:rotflmao: yea i dont know any of them............... :tut:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, mike!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
May Luck be on your side, Mike.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well just got done talking to the NP for vascular from the VA, she seems happy with the results thus far...   go test again in March and go from there... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good news.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Excellent news.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure hope so!!! 

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
Good luck, Hope all goes well and you are back to normal activity soon. I am starting to have a few issues with blood circulation in my legs as well. After our new insurance kicks in on Jan. 1st I've got to get into the Dr. to start looking into it. Getting to be lots of Numbness and tingling in my legs and feet.
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Hope all goes well and you are back to normal activity soon. I am starting to have a few issues with blood circulation in my legs as well. After our new insurance kicks in on Jan. 1st I've got to get into the Dr. to start looking into it. Getting to be lots of Numbness and tingling in my legs and feet.

good luck bud!!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
first off great to hear Mike!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

fishthumper.........are you on any meds for diabetes? blood sugar issues?????? you dont need to say but i was having them kinda symptoms in my left leg and foot. they figured it out without me saying anything. one of the meds i take likes to wipe out the B-12 vitamin. started taking them and its gone!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear Mike!

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
first off great to hear Mike!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

fishthumper.........are you on any meds for diabetes? blood sugar issues?????? you dont need to say but i was having them kinda symptoms in my left leg and foot. they figured it out without me saying anything. one of the meds i take likes to wipe out the B-12 vitamin. started taking them and its gone!!!!!!

The only meds I'm on is a High blood pressure med. I asked my Dr. if that could be the cause of the issue. He said anything is possible but its not been one of the known side effects.
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good deal mikey!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's good to hear Mike!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well been doing some thinking. I should walk as much as possible...   that's a given to me...   but I'm thinking I should look into a exercise bike...  anyone have any thoughts or ideas...   never looked into them ever..   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well been doing some thinking. I should walk as much as possible...   that's a given to me...   but I'm thinking I should look into a exercise bike...  anyone have any thoughts or ideas...   never looked into them ever..
I got one after my bypass surgery.  Used it a bit then went to  collect dust. Would rather go outside and  walk.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I got one after my bypass surgery.  Used it a bit then went to  collect dust. Would rather go outside and  walk.

yup I understand that, but I'm looking more for when it's real nasty and my legs compared to other situations..  so I'm thinking we have 2 different things going on here...  but thanks!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sis & BIL have 1, I'll ask 'em when I see 'em.
« Last Edit: December 12/22/23, 08:04:35 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I would like to get an elliptical. We have a exercise bike and just don't like the sitting down part of it.