Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Second crossbow kill - Turkey  (Read 810 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday morning I went to a stand in hopes of a turkey passing by. Shortly after morning light, I saw several toms flying down form the roost. The were joined by others (total of 8 jakes and toms) that came out of the woods. Only issue was they were 250 yards away. They fed on the field for half an hour getting to within 200 yards but no closer before they wandered away. I spent most of the day hunting, cutting up the doe, fixing some stands and swapping out trail camera SD cards. Around 5 PM while I was cleaning the cabin and packing up all my gear, I saw a turkey feeding along a wood line about 200 yards away. He seemed to be headed away so I just kept an eye on him while getting ready to head home. After a while he appeared to be heading my way, so I sat on the front deck with the crossbow resting on a table. It took a while but eventually I ranged him at 60 Yards. I put the 60 yard dot on him and the arrow flew true. He hobbled off the field about 30 yards and expired. Not the heaviest bird but he sported spurs just over and inch long and an impressive 11" beard.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good shootin'  They don't call you Deadeye for nothin, I guess.   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sweet. That is some good chooting.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Nice work getting a fall turkey!

I had them gobbling around me Saturday…didn’t realize they did that this time of year.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't they call that "camps cook" hunting!   ;)
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!