Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2024 gardens  (Read 54285 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We got nipped a little this morning but not too bad
 Still got lots of tomatoes, peppers, watermelon, zucchini, pumpkins, and carrots to harvest.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have not personally see any frost yet even though we did have 33 that one morning. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had just enough daylight so Poppy & I could survey the garden last nite. See the raccoons found the sweet corn finally. Cars keep finding them. Counted 5 dead raccoons on the 6 mile trip into Bugtussle this a.m. Tossed a few monster cukes over the fence to the sheep. Ram seems to like them. Puts lead in his pencil. Found one edible cuke so had part of that in a salad at suppertime. There are enough string beans yet (Blue Lake) I could make a meal or two out of fresh. Freezing more is overrated. The few earlier snap peas provided some good snacking last nite while the later variety (Sugar Daddy) was disappointing. Once the pods get some decent size on them, they're tough. Even Poppy wouldn't eat them. Picked on the earlier side they're fine. Loads of tomatoes yet, especially romas. Peppers need more time to get full size. Not sure they'll get it. If not, won't be able to make stuffed peppers but they'll be tasty in salads or shish kebobs. Winter radishes could be harvested any time. They got large. Will share a few with one of my pals. He & his squeeze love 'em. These winter radishes have a crisp texture & taste like a kohlrabi for about 5 seconds. Then look out! The radish kicks in. Betting they'll have some firepower this fall with all the dry warm weather.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)