Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wild game feed  (Read 23681 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yep....someone overseas gotta walk.!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: have no idea where it came from and didnt ask.

great to see you again Mike!!!! :happy1: so anther game feed is gone and past.  :pouty: great friends, cold beer and good food!!!!  :happy1: i've had moose before but new  this year at the game feed ....... camel meat was new also. all those goodies i brought are gone......toast.

before we left i talked to the guy that puts it on...most everything is  gone!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
game feed was fun!!  had some great goodies!!  some even had brought in camel meat...  kind of full now!!!   thanks Glenn!!!
Camel meat?  Sounds like Glenns got some new neighbors down there in Cold Springs!   ::welcome::
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea you have no idea!!! and you missed the perfect opportunity to buy be a beer!!!!!  :happy1: :rotflmao:

first weekend in march every year.....mark it on the calender........ 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck on the fridge hunt tomorrow!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
game feed was fun!!  had some great goodies!!  some even had brought in camel meat...  kind of full now!!!   thanks Glenn!!!
Camel meat?  Sounds like Glenns got some new neighbors down there in Cold Springs!   ::welcome::
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea you have no idea!!! and you missed the perfect opportunity to buy be a beer!!!!!  :happy1: :rotflmao:

No need to mark it down when we got you!! Lol. Good to hear it went well!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

I'll mark it on my calender and plan to come buy you a beer Glenn

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

No need to mark it down when we got you!! Lol. Good to hear it went well!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Guess not.   But I believe in planning ahead! :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
yes camel meat, the first batch was ok...   2nd batch was great!!!!!
How many beers were before the 2nd batch?    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You guys couldn't take a few pictures of the spread!!  :pouty:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Leech,  I seriously thought of it but they bring the goodies out in small batches. Sometimes there ain't much left on the plate when it gets us.

It's not a buffet.  It's not a big official feed, just something a bunch of guys do in cooperation with the bar that agrees to do it.

Bar makes out on sales.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear that.  They don't call it pot luck for nuthin.

At my first Wild Game Feed at the gun club (I was in 8th or 9th grade) my dad and I weren't the greatest of hunters, so we didn't have any freezer meet to contribute.  But he did have a 10 gallon jug of homemade "wild" grape wine, so it fit the occasion.

Long story short... the homemade wine, made with inferior grapes by someone doing it for the first time, didn't turn out so well.  To make up for that... he had me hold the funnel in the jug while he poured in the Everclear til it tasted better.  His buddies were very complimentary of his donation to the event.  Also, it wasn't my first drink, but it was the first time I ever got blitzed.

RIP, Dad. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
at this feed your welcome to bring any type of fish or wild game, but  :tut: :tut: :tut: on bringing in booze......thats what compensates the bar as they close down the grill for the day just for the game feed!

come to think of it i was told someone was bringing tree rats......but i didnt see any!!!! :scratch: :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/04/24, 11:40:34 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glad it went well Glenn. Sorry I  couldn't make it. The only game feed I have every attended was put on by Pheasants Forever, a buddy of mine got tickets to it and there were some really awesome fishing trips and other stuff that they raffled off. We both wish we would have known better what was going on we missed a shot at a sweet fishing trip to Canada for cheap.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad it went well Glenn. Sorry I  couldn't make it. The only game feed I have every attended was put on by Pheasants Forever, a buddy of mine got tickets to it and there were some really awesome fishing trips and other stuff that they raffled off. We both wish we would have known better what was going on we missed a shot at a sweet fishing trip to Canada for cheap.
:happy1: there is always next year.......first saturday in march!!!!!!! :happy1: