Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2024 Boat remodel  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Decided it was time to remodel my Pro V.   The wood was breaking down and carpet was starting to grow things in spots.  So decided it was time.   This is going to be a complete remodel.  This boat was set up as an LE rear console unit.   From what I can tell it was originally designed as a tiller unit that they made into a wheel boat.   On the inside we are moving the consoles up to the center,  getting rid of the bait wells that never get used, adding tackle and rod storage, new live well pumps, actuators and hoses, all new gas lines, new bilge pumps, new upholstery and new flooring.   

Here is what we started with.

She has a ton of dock rash. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: looks like a whole lotta fun...............NOT!!! :rotflmao:

i redid the floor in mine years back...........hope i never gotta do that again!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Scenic.  What a great pic tour.  I had a Lund Predator and the floor was getting soft.  I pondered for a long time about rebuilding it but chickened out and sold it.  What a great project you have going there.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

i redid the floor in mine years back...........hope i never gotta do that again!!!!!!!

Its a lot of time consuming work but if you need a good motivator just make a trip though a boat dealership.   We had a little practice on the one we redid last year so we did learn a few things doing that one. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Its a lot of time consuming work but if you need a good motivator just make a trip though a boat dealership.   We had a little practice on the one we redid last year so we did learn a few things doing that one.
:happy1: :happy1: got that right....mines paid for and i do alright fishing out of it.

i have the 16 ft lund stinger 1600.....i love the layout!!!!!!! :happy1: way good enough and fancy enough for me!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
With big projects come big rewards. Congrats on taking on this project, when finished the boat will serve you well for a long time.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a great start.  Keep posting updates. Always like to see a good project in-process. 
Don't forget at the end if you don't have one. Get a good snap on cover!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/11/24, 05:20:43 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cool! I got do some restoratiin on the blue tomato, this spring
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool! I got do some restoratiin on the blue tomato, this spring
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: now y-er talkin!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Keep Yur freinds close and retards closer i always say
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
One of these days I need to replace all of the carpet in my boat and I hope I dont find that I need to go that far!
Cant wait to see finished pictures, and looking forward to seeing it in person!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
One of these days I need to replace all of the carpet in my boat and I hope I dont find that I need to go that far!
Cant wait to see finished pictures, and looking forward to seeing it in person!
Once you pull that carpet you never know what you will find.  I didn't realize the wood under this one was so bad.  There were places that I think the carpet was the only thing holding the wood together.  She is an older hag but time for her to look young.  Still have a long ways to go and lots to learn on the way. 
Looking forward to that time as well !!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Hearing you guys talk reminds me of what a guy once told me. BOAT is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand.
      Good luck to all.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Boat can also stand for:
Bankruptcy on a trailer.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Boat can also stand for:
Bankruptcy on a trailer.

$100 here $300 there and and and....yep pretty much correct.   Some of the stupid stuff that adds up.  Oh crap handles good example (because I just had to order them)  Stupid things are $24.95 each.  Not horrible until you need 4 of them.  There goes $100.00   

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Boat can also stand for:
Bankruptcy on a trailer.

$100 here $300 there and and and....yep pretty much correct.   Some of the stupid stuff that adds up.  Oh crap handles good example (because I just had to order them)  Stupid things are $24.95 each.  Not horrible until you need 4 of them.  There goes $100.00
Do this. Get a few posters with price of a new Pro-V and put them all around your shop. Then you can smile everytime you look up.  Have fun with the build. The biggest cash lose you will ever have for a boat, is the minute you drive a new one off the lot.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/13/24, 05:27:38 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Boat can also stand for:
Bankruptcy on a trailer.

Do this. Get a few posters with price of a new Pro-V and put them all around your shop. Then you can smile everytime you look up.  Have fun with the build. The biggest cash lose you will ever have for a boat, is the minute you drive a new one off the lot.  :happy1:

I have priced them and it does make this remodel much easier.  This will be a fraction of the cost of a new one.  Heck it is cheaper than the interest I would pay on a new one.    When we are done the entire inside will be either new or re-made.   

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I have had a few ask how the boat project is going.  Well this has been one of those projects that it seems you work on forever and not see any progress.  But it is finally to that stage we are starting to see some progress.

Just a few things we have done:
:replaced every gas line,
:live well lines and fittings,
:live well controls with new cables for live wells
:changed out all 4 pumps  (2 bilge and 2 live well)
:replaced any wire that was not in the main motor wiring harness (can't believe how many splices were in factory wiring) 
: added 14 interior colored LED lights for night trolling
: Added 9 interior LED white lights 
: built custom wiring harnesses for lights
: Added a couple more circuit breaker boxes
:  re-built the console tops (welding plastic and re-texturing is a learning curve)
: Moved consoles up to make this a center console instead of a rear console boat
: Because we moved consoles I needed to replace motor control cables (thank you Iowaboy)
: All wood is cut, edges have been rounded over and doors routered in.
: built a battery box and moved starting motor battery
: new high density foam added to upholstery wood.
: gunnel tops prepped for painting. 

I'm sure I missed a few thing but now we can start putting bigger parts back in.  I am horrible about taking pictures but here are a few. 

Rebuilt console tops

Test finish and logo on glove box lid

Upholstery started

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Its goona be better than new when you are done.

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My privilege to help ya out Scenic !
Nothing wrong with your pictures and everything looks great, next year you can redo my boat !! Just kidding, one is enough I am sure.
I cannot wait to see that in person, it will give me some ideas of what to do with mine.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Its goona be better than new when you are done.

2nd that!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice and thanks for the pics.  Fun to see your progress.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: lookin good Scenic..... but damn with all that electrical.....your gonna need a generator....you know a solar one!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk: :bonk:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: lookin good Scenic..... but damn with all that electrical.....your gonna need a generator....you know a solar one!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk: :bonk:

:rotflmao:those LEDs use so little power. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks awesome Scenic,  you definitely have more patience than me!! Good work!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Nice work. Lots of attention to details.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm only planning to do this to this boat one time.  I am hoping to put everything I wanted in that boat with this project.  Kind of like go big or go home.  I looked at the stickers of the new boats out there and decided that there is nothing wrong with the motors, hull or the transom so why not.  It is a LOT of hours but in the long run I believe I will have just what I wanted. 

Upholstery on drivers side.  I will be honest and say those inside corners are a BITCH!!  This is an art that I sure wish I knew more about.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well you must be an artist. Because it sure looks good.
Hey look your bobber is up!