Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sturgeon  (Read 506 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure who has all heard yet. But the US fish and wildlife service wants to put the sturgeon on the endangered species list. More stupidity.
https://share.newsbreak.com/6ijto875
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been reading that.  Hopefully from what I have read they do realize that they are a healthy quantity here. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Not sure who has all heard yet. But the US fish and wildlife service wants to put the sturgeon on the endangered species list. More stupidity.
https://share.newsbreak.com/6ijto875
that would mean no sconny spearing to then wouldnt it.....dat aint gonna make some happy!!!!! :pouty: :surrender: probably someone in the dept lookin to make a name for themselves!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I saw that a while ago. Was hoping with a bit of time they would look past their back door and see that just because their state has not taken the proper measurement to bring back this fish the rest of the country should not be punished. MN has been a great success story.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It sure has been a success here.  The Red River system and Ottertail Lake are now producing nice sized sturgeon.  All due to stocking 20+ years ago. 

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Last year on pool 4 my son and I caught multiple with the biggest being 47”. We are looking forward to doing it again this year and would like to travel to other locations to target them.

I am getting tired of uneducated people making decisions based on what others think vs science.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: when i click on the link,,,cant find the story!!!!! :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Last year on pool 4 my son and I caught multiple with the biggest being 47”. We are looking forward to doing it again this year and would like to travel to other locations to target them.

I am getting tired of uneducated people making decisions based on what others think vs science.
:happy1: :happy1: you mean like mille lacs!!!! :rotflmao: :surrender: :bs:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

it's right there below the title..  a link to the publisher   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You mean the link I posted? Works for me. Maybe because I have news break installed on my phone. But it pops right up when I click on it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i found it!!!!! :happy1: yea the center for biological diversity  :crazy: :crazy: :surrender: pretty much says it all........another friggin woke group!!!!!! :puke: :surrender: :bs:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Rodwork, ya need to get on the rainy river in the spring, many super sized sturgeon. 50s 60s and 70s.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Rodwork, ya need to get on the rainy river in the spring, many super sized sturgeon. 50s 60s and 70s.
:scratch: :surrender: surprised your not for shutting that down too since its LOTW's!!!!!  :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

morning buddy!!!!!!!!1 :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

It is on my bucket list.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

It is on my bucket list.
It is on mine too. And I live right here.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
:scratch: :surrender: surprised your not for shutting that down too since its LOTW's!!!!!  :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

morning buddy!!!!!!!!1 :nerd: :nerd:
Suprised yur wife hasnt clubed u over yur muffin head today..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"