Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Epic opener  (Read 254 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Opened on leach.  Hit the water at 5 on Saturday.   No wind and bluebird skies made for a tough bite but we scratched out 18  jumbo perch .  10 inch was the smallest we kept.  Daughter came up for the northern lights Friday night and stayed for Saturday nights foray out trolling.  Ones the sun hit the horizon the eyes started to eat.  We ended up keeping 15 walleyes fron 15 to 18.5 inches.  Could have had our limit but we miss counted.  We released what was probably the only female we caught.  She was 24 inches.  My daughter caught 7 of the keepers.  They were the first walleyes she had ever caught.  The fishing was good but the light show was epic.  I've never seen northern lights that good before!!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's awesome!! Cool pics of the northern lights.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that!!!  :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
sounds like a fantastic day!

Leech has been our typically opener (though we always go the second weekend) but we've struggled the past few years. Glad you got on them. We've been slowly trying a new lake just to the east and it's been so-so but, again, we just started fishing it. on the fence if we should stick with Leech or move to the new lake...The one thing I HATE about Leech is, fishing is the best in the wind...and I HATE fishing in the wind! LOL
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
sounds like a fantastic day!

Leech has been our typically opener (though we always go the second weekend) but we've struggled the past few years. Glad you got on them. We've been slowly trying a new lake just to the east and it's been so-so but, again, we just started fishing it. on the fence if we should stick with Leech or move to the new lake...The one thing I HATE about Leech is, fishing is the best in the wind...and I HATE fishing in the wind! LOL

Trolling at  night has been the ticket for us.  We go out of federal dam.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.