Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Prebuy propane.  (Read 2389 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got our prebuy for propane last week.  It is $1.69 gal.  Must buy 200 minimum.  If rack price is lower you get that price.  Any money left goes into regular account.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
summer fill $1.45   

contract $1.70
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Does it say how long the prebuy is open for Barry?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I haven't even thought about that yet. We don't get a summer fill as the only thing we use propane for is heating. I think we still got over 50% in our tank yet.
      We used about 500 gallons last season.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We haven't got our prebuy offer yet, but the neighbor did.................a couple weeks ago. We typically only use around 250 gallons a year & have only used about 150 gallons since we filled last fall.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Does it say how long the prebuy is open for Barry?

Till the end of August.  Has to be paid for by them.  A couple of years ago I forgot and they still let me do it a week or two later.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :scratch: dont think we qualify for a prebuy program, but we did get the summer fill special in the mail about a month ago from cenex. i think it was $1.84????

we used 200 gallons last year and yea we only use it for heat. its what they put in the tank anyway. i gotta deal with that tomorrow before i get to the cabin. its on auto pay, and apparently if you dont use the debit card they cancel it.  :confused: so we are going another route!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a card in my door from Rainy Lake Oil.  I Falls.  Propane for $1.47.  No other info. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just got my summer fill day before yesterday. $.99/gal with the 10 day cash discount. Haven't seen any pre-buy info from these cats. They own the tank so we're kinda stuck with them altho they're usually competitive and a lot of the time cheaper than the competition. They're a little unusual for this area in that they focus on fuel and not a lot of fertilizer and grain like most others do.

https://freeborncountycoop.com/
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man .99 is a great price. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You always get the good bargains.  :pouty:

Right Roony! :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The rich get richer!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya I can't stand all the easy money from the sheep project... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Advertising expense. LOL

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Man .99 is a great price.
Coworker said Grygla is $1.19 with $.10 cash discount. Not sure if they go all the way to Baudette, but the do go to Williams and up here.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
VS my $1.69 that is one heck of a savings.  I wish I would have bought my tank. 

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ve talked to every LP supplier around here, and couldn’t find one that would let you buy the tank. They all like the cash cow of renting them.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We bought our tank at the cabin years ago. Cenex.

I remember them sending mom a letter about rent going up due to the price of steel at the time.

I sent a letter claiming  :bs: cause the tank wasn't new  didn't do no good do mom just paid for the tank.

It's been a long time ago. It was shortly after my dad died and thats been 23 years

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
this is the 2nd tank I have owned, the only way to go..  if you can that is... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: you wear out the other one??????

or did they tell you it wasnt safe anymore.  :scratch: we got a letter about a year or 2 ago.....if the tank was to low or some crap like that we'd need to get it recalibrated or some dorky reason???????

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

or did they tell you it wasnt safe anymore.  :scratch: we got a letter about a year or 2 ago.....if the tank was to low or some crap like that we'd need to get it recalibrated or some dorky reason???????

had to let it go with a house we sold in Heron Lake...  would have liked to have kept it.. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ve talked to every LP supplier around here, and couldn’t find one that would let you buy the tank. They all like the cash cow of renting them.
:scratch: We got that same :bs: letter, glenn, & we had Ferrellgas then. Somebody new from California had just bought them out & thought they could scam their new customers. :rolleyes: Eventually, the State AG ruled that was illegal. We promptly switched to Cenex as well & bought our tank too. But when we rebuilt in 2013-2014, we upgraded to a 500-gallon tank, that we also own. As the 20k generator runs on propane too.
« Last Edit: August 08/04/24, 10:25:50 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: We asked our delivery guy about that & he said they need an inspection tag on 'em every so many years that says they're safe to fill. He told us not to worry as he can pressure check it & put a new tag on it as it's needed.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about that testing.