Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deer map is updated for 2024!  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Glenn_S

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/deer/map.html

The banner on the page still says Aug 1, but the map is updated.

From what I see, not a lot of change...

I'm now in 177, with 400 permits. Correction, 100 permits. You have to click into the report to get the accurate number.  :angry2:
« Last Edit: July 07/30/24, 09:45:02 PM by Glenn_S »
"I hope we have once again reminded people, that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i hunt 197 with 200

my brother and his kid hunt 169 with 25........for stupid..........again!!!!!!

i was wrong too its only 200 permits in 197.
« Last Edit: July 07/31/24, 07:43:07 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm no deer hunter, but why give out so many permits if der ain't nuttin to shoot  :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sept 5 is the deadline for permits / license buy.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm no deer hunter, but why give out so many permits if der ain't nuttin to shoot  :confused:
if there ain't nothing to shoot,  why give out ANY permits  :crazy: or for that matter allow any hunting at all in those  zones??? :scratch:

It's all DNR...$$$$$

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Good God.  Can we Jack the age limits up any higher.  Pretty sure with my family history, not only will I not be out in the woods, my stand my be a pine box by then!  :doah:

"Any licensed hunter (including those with archery and youth licenses or disability permits) may tag one legal buck with their base license. With the exception of hunters who are 84 or older or residents of Minnesota State Veterans’ Homes"
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I've looked at that link posted several times?? :scratch: not sure if that's 2024 or not. ? It does say new info coming out Aug 1. :scratch:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree.  I think the interactive map *might* be updated, because when you click on any zone, the title box of the pop-up says 2024 Deer permit area.

This link to last year's PDF version of the map is still active.  They look similar, but that doesn't mean anything.  2023 Deer Season map

With respect to hunters 84 and older or Veterans' home residents...  As I read the several references to this group scattered throughout the synopsis, it seems to me that these hunters can shoot and tag antlerless deer without entering a lottery on their base tag.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree.  I think the interactive map *might* be updated, because when you click on any zone, the title box of the pop-up says 2024 Deer permit area.

This link to last year's PDF version of the map is still active.  They look similar, but that doesn't mean anything.  2023 Deer Season map

With respect to hunters 84 and older or Veterans' home residents...  As I read the several references to this group scattered throughout the synopsis, it seems to me that these hunters can shoot and tag antlerless deer without entering a lottery on their base tag.
Yeah, I was kind of going off the age range they picked. Could start a little young, so they can still drag their deer out.
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so the 2024 map is up

169 doesnt have any antlerless permits......so bucks only.

197 is giving out 200.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
200 for zone 197.  250 for zone 172.  I think they both had 500 last year.  :scratch: