Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bad whiskeys  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We’ve had threads about ten good stuff…how about whiskey to stay away from?  :thumbs:

I bought this as it was local…taste like dirty moss water.

2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was hopeful that this Irish whiskey from a new local distillery would be really good, but it isn't.  They brought a master distiller over from Ireland to work get the company going, but my guess is that since this offering is billed as an Irish/American 'blend,' he is still working out the recipe.  Its drinkable, but nothing special.  Perhaps they'll have a proper Irish whiskey offering in the years to come.  I remain optimistically hopeful. 

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
No picture but stay away from Sunken Bobber. It tastes like dirt.

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I am not a big fan of flavored whiskeys like Crown Vanilla and apple. It’s not that it tastes bad. I just feel hung over the next day with one drink. Give me something without all the sugar and I will empty the bottle and feel great the next day.  :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
One exception is Wild Turkey Honey...  The missus enjoys a Honey Manhattan mixed with that, red vermouth and orange bitters.  I like 'em too.   :sleazy: