Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Archery Newbie Question  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Glenn_S

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm in DPA 177, which is a lottery zone. Can I take a doe during archery and then take a buck or doe (if I get a permit)? It is not real clear, but as I understand it, archery is either sex in this zone, but does that count toward my total allowed bag limit for gun season?

I can call the DNR, but I thought I would ask here first.
"I hope we have once again reminded people, that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yep clearance mud.  :confused: I've tried deciphering that to ? :scratch:

Either way I'm pretty certain your only allowed 1 buck regardless how many license you get.
« Last Edit: August 08/10/24, 05:11:00 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm in DPA 177, which is a lottery zone. Can I take a doe during archery and then take a buck or doe (if I get a permit)? It is not real clear, but as I understand it, archery is either sex in this zone, but does that count toward my total allowed bag limit for gun season?

I can call the DNR, but I thought I would ask here first.
Pretty sure it's one Deer per year with either bow or gun. Unless in a intensive harvest area.  Either sex with bow and what ever your permitted for with gun. 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, one deer limit in 177.  You can take a doe with your bow before gun season, but then you can only party hunt with your gun and you can't tag anything.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, one deer limit in 177.  You can take a doe with your bow before gun season, but then you can only party hunt with your gun and you can't tag anything.
Just a heads up.  You need to buy both licenses before the seasons.  You can't take a Deer bow hunting then try and buy your Gun license to party hunt, if you already have a registered Deer for the season. 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Glenn_S

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks, guys. The regs tend to be a bit "unclear" about some things...Go figure, they are written by gubmint officials... :crazy:
"I hope we have once again reminded people, that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The language for MN tag requirements has always been confusing - main tag vs bonus tags vs archer vs gun.