Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Scum bags.  (Read 1315 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I have bought bait quite a few times from a little shop near here that sells on the honor system. Just a small room in the corner of his garage behind his house.The guy pretty much sells only crawlers, leeches and wax worms. Open the fridge, grab your bait, put your money in the mail slot and go.
      The guy is going to close up shop.
      Someone took all his crawlers and leeches and left no money. From what I hear, this is not the first time it's happened.
      No one is blaming the guy for shutting down. How much loss can the poor guy absorb? It's not the end of the world but it's just so frustrating. I guess he could install cameras but I don't think it's a big money venture, selling bait.
      Just kind of sad.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't blame him but what a shame that there are so many scumbags out there.  Too bad he didn't have a camera though so we could see the scumbag in action.  The scumbag didn't just hurt this guy but all of the others that liked to get bait from him.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, sad there is always a bad apple wreck it for the others. Just like the jerks that have stolen my cameras and stands out of the woods. Think I need to make it a mission to catch the SOB now.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, sad there is always a bad apple wreck it for the others. Just like the jerks that have stolen my cameras and stands out of the woods. Think I need to make it a mission to catch the SOB now.
the problem is, what do you do with them once you catch them?
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
the problem is, what do you do with them once you catch them?
Well don't make me think that far ahead. LOL
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
damn sure suks!!!aholes ruining it for everyone else...    :angry2:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I never cease to be amazed at how many jerks and :moon:-holes are out there, stealing and trespassing 'cause they can and know no one will catch 'em.  There are a lot of selfish people out there who feel they are more entitled and justified than everyone else.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember when I was a kid going up fishing by Pine river with my dad and uncle. We always stopped at a few of the bait boxes along the roads for crawlers or worms!  Man that was fun times. They used cane poles and yanked bug sunnies and crappies.
So sad.  :undecided:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They used cane poles and yanked bug sunnies and crappies.
We did similar with cane poles.  Pull 'em right over the weeds.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Brings back some great memories fishing with my Grandpa Carl. He'd drive through a cow pasture with cane poles fastened to his Rambler. There would be a gate with a can on the post to put a dime or so in.  Greatest times ever!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That stinks TT,  always others that ruin a great gig. We used to have a sweet corn stand 2 miles from the cabin that was the honor system.  Worked out great, bag your own stuff and put your money in the chained up box. Never once did I count past 12, very easy to do but no way....it's long gone now.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Place by us is an honor system,  it's really good corn. I won't think twice  a out srewin them. Last year the gal came out  and actually insisted I take more then o wanted.  :surrender:

Gotta be my charming personality.  :sleazy: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I used to think it would be great to own a little bait & tackle shop. Just like Chucks on Grumpy Old Men. I would have to do that after I won the lottery and didn't need income, just a hobby.

I've never looked but I'll bet there's a lot of used bait shop equipment for sale out there.

Talk fishing and hunting all day long around a big old table with a coffee pot always on.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
There’s a laundromat just South of the schoolhouse that has a public shower in it. They put up poster with a couples picture and their car on it saying to call the Hubbard Co. sheriff if they are on the property due to not paying for their showers. My guess is they may be the reason for the $5.00 to $8.00 per shower price increase. Too bad these cheap bass terds have to ruin it for everyone. :angry2:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have been there before Mark.  Had to change the Grandsons diaper once years ago and pulled in there.  Gave them a few bucks too.