Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gophers  (Read 4299 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the Gophers play UNC at 7 but bad weather is supposed to hit there at kickoff time so KFAN just said they delayed start to 8.  UNC favored by 1.5

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
News said they needed to clean up the stadium and something to do with dinkytown traffic.  :scratch:

I got my dotch nap in but damn,  hope I make it at least till 1/2 time. :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
These late games are hard on us retired guys.  Damn they just scored against us. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ummm, what game are you watching Barry?  :scratch:
This delay gave dutchy more time to stick pins in his PJ doll!  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ummm, what game are you watching Barry?  :scratch:
This delay gave dutchy more time to stick pins in his PJ doll!  :huh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I can't understand why Fleck hasn't been hired away by Georgia. I mean I'm sure they could fire somebody and appoint P.J. head of the cheer squad.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

dutchy must've stuck PJ just as the kickers foot hit the ball. Doink off the right upright!  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
7-7 and da gophers are moving. pretty impressive INT by Walley and return.

QB for NC is Brad Johnsons kid..........

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Playing not to lose once again. Boring football. Will be a long season. Guarantee it.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
He can sing, he can dance, he can recruit, he can talk the talk, he can accept credit for the team the previous coach assembled but there is no proof he can coach.

For all of you who praise him for making a bowl game check out how many D1 teams there are, how many bowls games there are. My opinion is you should be fired if you DON'T make a bowl game.

For the record.....I love me some "smoke & mirrors". He has provided more BS with fewer results since Brewster was run out of town.    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just got done watching the final half since I recorded it.  Darn.  2 missed FG and the holding call on the last drive was too much to overcome.  We hung in there but fell short.  The QB fumble didn't help neither.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
There are 70 teams that make it to Bowl games. 1 team could not go. So they looked at academics to pick number 71.....

That was the Gophers. Or else they would have been staying at home. :doofus: :doofus:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Big 10 Football Coach PJ Fleck should be winning his opening game against flippin' North Carolina in his 8th season (or 7th as PJ like to count, because that first year was "Year 0") and it shouldn't even be close.   :embarrassed:

Blame the kicker.  Blame the offense.  Blame the defense.  Blame the coach.  PJ was right...  Last night's performance WAS a team loss.  And now the team is sittin' in a hole coming out of the gate. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
If you were surprised by that game you are in for a long season.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: dutchy.. quit sticking the PJ voodoo doll! :confused: :surrender: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
:rotflmao: dutchy.. quit sticking the PJ voodoo doll! :confused: :surrender: :rotflmao:

Don't need a voodoo doll Glenn, he is doing this all by himself.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  He's not that bad Dutch.  Could get a  lot worse coach easier than getting a better coach.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'll admit LPS he has been much better the last few years as he's gotten his ass beaten all around the Big 10. The D-3 coach found out his rah, rah BS don't work in big boy football. He's fine, the Gophers are what they've always been since the early 60's....just another win for the big boys. Now with the addition of the west coast teams things won't be easier. I truly don't care if he stays or goes but I just wish everybody would admit this is a bottom third program. It might now even be a bottom 1/4 if he doesn't start beating the cupcakes.

I see Johnson broke his leg and is out for the season. I hate to see that happen to anybody.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Dutch, is there a team that you really enjoy watching?  I get so upset about Vikes stuff and now more into the Gophers.  BUT as I have gotten older I realized it is a game.  LOLOL 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I don't watch sports like I use to except for baseball. I like baseball, the game. I'm not a die hard Twins fan. Don't really care about the Vikings, I follow them but if they lose it doesn't bother me. I've gotten away from the Wild. I wouldn't watch a basketball game if they were playing in my living room.   :rotflmao:

To answer your question I enjoy good teams but don't really care who wins. Maybe it's because I don't do fantasy leagues or gamble on any games anymore. It's a game, nothing more. I really do enjoy tweeking the guys when the hometown team gets beat.  :happy1:

Nobody should take anything I write as a personal attack because nothing means enough to me to care what anybody else thinks.   :cool:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya Dutchy. I don't expend much emotional capital on any of it anymore. Used to love the Twins. I could look forward to listening to Bert and Dick many an evening after chores. Once they decided they really didn't give a rip about making their games easily accessible to those of us out here in the land of rocks and cows, I stopped following. Their woke virtue signaling didn't help. Ditto with the Viqueens. The Wild? They've done nothing for me. Professional hockey died for me once the North Stars left. Timberwolves? Couldn't give two chits. Only 2 seasons since their inception that they've been worth a crap. Whoopie doo. That & the NBA overall sucks. I follow Gopher BB because I still remember the days of Mychal Thompson, classmate, sort of, and long for their return. Every once in a while I've seen a glimmer of hope, a Jordan Murphy, a Reggie Lynch, a Trevor Mbakwe, a Daniel Oturu, an Amir Coffey, etc., only to be disappointed when they leave or get in trouble. The NIL money has pretty well ruined that. And Gopher football, despite being my alma mater, about all that does anymore is give me more reason to grumble about a University that has become increasingly out of touch with its rural residents. That has become steadily worse since the days of watching QB Tony Dungy while sitting in the student section of old Memorial Stadium. Keep it up and I will be a Jackrabbits fan.  :happy1: 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the Jackrabbits as we have relatives in the Brookings area and went there a lot as a kid.  Was a big deal to go into the big town of Brookings.  I am a fan now.  Kind of like watching NDSU too.  So surprised they both have such good teams.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They take the kids that Fleck passes on coaches them up and win.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
To me the success of Bison and Jackrabbits reminds me of how many good college hockey teams we have in MN:  the Gophs, St. Cloud, the Duluth Bulldogs, and Minnesota State Mankato. 

It tells me there are a lot of talented athletes in this area and a lot of them don't want to play for the U of M in the big city of Minneapolis.

P.S.  The Gophs football team were the only Big 10 team to loose their first game.   :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO now the Gophers are on Peacock today.  They can stick it as far as I am concerned.  Won't even listen to it.  Man that really cheers up my day.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Much like a tree falling in the woods, if the Gophers lose to a D3 equivalent and nobody watches did it really happen?  :confused: Will PJ get his raise and extension?   :evil:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
SO now the Gophers are on Peacock today.  They can stick it as far as I am concerned.  Won't even listen to it.  Man that really cheers up my day.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 
:scratch: There's a good game on CBS @ 2:30, LPS.  :sleazy: :evil:         ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 09/07/24, 09:36:16 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: There's a good game on CBS @ 2:30, LPS.  :sleazy: :evil:         ;) :laugh: :laugh:
who's Georgia  playing?? :scratch: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

That must be the Bison.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I see your two favorite teams are on.  I also see South Dakota State is on then too.  I like them more all of the time as I have mentioned.  I will flip between them and your game.  Which Iowa team are you rooting for?
« Last Edit: September 09/07/24, 12:32:43 PM by LPS »