Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Identification apps.  (Read 1324 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      For some reason, I am terrible at identifying trees, shrubs, weeds and plants. No idea why. Unless there's a big plaque in front of a tree identifying it, I can't tell a weeping willow from a Sequoia.
      Does anyone know of or use an app to help identify this kind of stuff? It would be nice if something like this was an option on my onX app.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone told us a couple of years ago that when you are going to take a pic on your iphone that you can click on an icon that will tell you what is in the picture.  I did it with a tree we have and it worked great.   Now I don't see that icon on my camera.  ???

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
After I took a pic I then could click the I and it would identify what was in the picture.  Worked on the dogs and some trees.  I tried it on the wife and it didn't say anything.  LOL

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya a while back I posted it, but I had to refresh my memory on it. Soo looks like 2 ways on the android,  if you hit Google in the upper right corner is  camera symbol,  click that and you can either take a pic or upload one from your gallery.  Might hafta expand the pic but play around with it.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Thanks. I may have to do a little experimenting with my phone and see what kind of trouble I can get in to. Shouldn't be too hard.
      My wife took a picture of a bug resting on my thumb. Whatever app she used said it was a big toe. I guess it didn't see the bug.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma uses it alot on our walks, mushrooms,  spiders, flowers, birds you name it.