Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Getting ready for snow  (Read 56 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I bought this rig for $750 two years ago. It came with a single stage snow blower attachment. Since my driveway is made up of recycled tar and gravel, it never worked very well. If it was heavy wet snow, the blower would just get clogged no matter how slow you went. Or, if it was light snow, it would pickup the gravel and throw that too.

Anyways, I found a ATV plow for $100 on Fartbook marketplace. This was my weekend project. I had to do a little welding and cutting, but I got it to fit. It also didn't come with skids, so I made some. Right now, the blade sits 1.25 off of the floor. I don't know how much it's going to dig in till I try it. I can always add holes if I need to lower it later.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a one heck of a deal HD.  I plow but when we have a lot of snow I wish I had a blower.  Good job.  That tractor looks like it is in great shape too.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like it should do the job for you HD...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Looks nice. I would hate to see you do all that work and then get no snow. That would be terrible.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.