Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: ENRTF?  (Read 359 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Has anyone done much research or checking in to the Environmental and Natural Resources Trust Fund renewal? It will be a question on our ballots.
      We were discussing it recently at our rod & gun club meeting. I am not a tech savvy guy but I can't find the actual document anywhere.
      The way the question reads, as I understand things, is if you want clean water, vote yes. It does involve some  funding ($?) from lottery proceeds and appointed committees.
      If you can find it and help translate, that would be awesome.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Thanks. I couldn't get to it. Message said it was missing or off limits to me.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here was my first post in the thread. 
I think u need to ask HD for permission to the political forum to see the responses.

Ballot measure would create council charged with granting funds to ‘woke activist groups,’ critics say

“Shall the Minnesota Constitution be amended to protect drinking water sources and the water quality of lakes, rivers, and streams; conserve wildlife habitat and natural areas; improve air quality; and expand access to parks and trails by extending the transfer of proceeds from the state-operated lottery to the environment and natural resources trust fund, and to dedicate the proceeds for these purposes?”

Details are buried in legislation, NOT the ballot question

If this constitution measure passes...
  • If passed, the Minnesota constitution would be amended to extend by another 25 years the annual transfer of 40 percent of state lottery proceeds to the Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund.
  • the legislation would require the Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund to dedicate 1.5 percent of state lottery revenues to “expand the number and diversity of recipients who benefit from the environment and natural resources trust fund, especially in communities that have been adversely affected by pollution and environmental degradation.”
  • the legislation would require the DNR commissioner to appoint 11 people to the council, two of whom must be members of “the Minnesota Ojibwe Tribe,” two who are members of the Minnesota Dakota Tribe and four members who “identify as Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Asian, or Pacific Islander or as members of a community of color.”
  • the legislation would also bar use of funds allocated by the trust for use in capital projects

If this measure fails...
  • “A ‘NO’ vote does not remove the funding from the original amendment/implementation because it has not expired,” the organization said. “The current money will continue to fund environmental programs as Minnesotans desire and can be extended, when it does expire, by a simple renewal by the Legislature.”

The bottom line...

The legislature can/will continue environment funding from lottery proceeds without this constitutional amendment

“What this ballot question should say, if it was accurate, the ballot question would read, ‘should the state of Minnesota set aside roughly $11 million every year to give to woke activist groups?’”

Because that’s what this proposed constitutional amendment is going to do.

G'luck.   :coffee:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If you want a portion of lottery proceeds to continue to fund clean water and other environmental issues vote YES.
If you want that portion to go into the bottomless pit of the general fund vote No.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:03:40 PM by roony »

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Thanks.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Move to SD or IA... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
What you got against ND?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nothing. I lived there 3 years already. Rugby & Cando then on the Finnish reservation between Rolla & Rock Lake, 6 miles from Canada. Fewer White Claw cans in IA or SD for the ditch chickens to get hurt on vs. here.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: Today at 04:31:11 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a friend NW of Langdon a ways. He loves it there. To me it seems like long hard winters!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
What you got against ND?
more then likely has a warrant for his arrest????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't understand.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
What you got against ND?
more then likely has a warrant for his arrest????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao:

The statute of limitations on that one ran out a long time ago! I think. I did get a letter once from the Bismark police dept. requesting that I remove my Gremlin from the street or they'd arrest me. I'd traded it off in Cando on a pickup. One of the native Americans bought it & drove it to college there. It must've croaked so he abandoned it. They traced it to me & the letter said they'd issue a warrant for my arrest. I called & explained the situation. They would've had fun trying to find me.

I loved the area I lived in, especially the last place. Finnish farmstead complete w/rustic old woodburning sauna, secluded, across the road from the northwest end of the Armourdale reservoir. Absolute hunter's paradise especially this time of year for waterfowl. Devils Lake was only about an hour or so away. One of my college buddies married a ND gal. Worked & lived there. He's still there. I had a ND girlfriend who liked to come up & stay sometimes. Didn't marry her. If I had, I'd probably still be there. Miss the place in October & November. December & January not so much.