Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Favorite Deer Attractant  (Read 374 times)

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I grew out of using these products a long time ago, but I was bored today and was scrolling through over 15+ pages of deer attractants on FleetFarm. Whomever names these products, has a fun job!

My favorite..."Buck Lickers!"   :rotflmao:

2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
In all my years of using scents, I can only say that I *think* they played a factor in getting shots three times.    :archery:

I do like those aerosol Buck Bomb cans.  I put a spritz on the bottom of my boots when I walk into my stand and hope it serves as a cover scent/attractant.  Who knows if it helps.   :confused:
Deer are probably thinking...  "I smell Sorel boot rubber and prison farm doe pee."  :doah:

On a breezy day up in the stand, I'll also spray some aerosol wiz downwind in hopes of covering up whatever scent the wind may be carrying off my clothes.

For the record...  I never put out mineral licks or other things like that.  I used either scent wicks or sprinkled/sprayed doe pee around.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:00:44 AM by Steve-o »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
None of that man made crap works!
Best thing to do is go out to your stand a week before or when you put up your porty.  Take a big healthy shat, piss all around it and if you smoke, throw a few butts down on the ground so the deer get used to the smells with no fear by opening morning! 
Worked for me for years!   :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: Today at 10:32:18 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've never worried too much about using scent blockers and all those hyped up products they sell nowadays, but I did try to avoid scented lotion while deer hunting. The morning I shot my biggest buck was the morning nature called while sitting in my stand so I had to relieve myself on the ground near my stand. Didn't seem to stop this guy from roaming by later that day! And now he's watching me from my living room!  😁👍😅🙌
~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
…I guess the joke missed…buck licker???? lol.

2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
…I guess the joke missed…buck licker???? lol.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i've had successs using scents........does it always work, probably not. my brother just about got raped by a buck dragging a scent wick soaked in doe in heat!! :rotflmao: it was still dark out and he couldnt see the deer !!!!!

i tried this nose jammer......and can honestly say it doesnt spook deer!!!!! 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, is Nose Jammer the stuff that smells like black licorice?  Or is there something else that smells like that?   :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ouzo   just saying    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, is Nose Jammer the stuff that smells like black licorice?  Or is there something else that smells like that?   :confused:
yep

Mike... got take a nap. :rotflmao: :mooning:

Online savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I find that an empty tree stand makes an excellent deer attractant.  Here's a picture I got from my camera last night when I decided to go pheasant hunting instead of sitting in a tree.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I find that an empty tree stand makes an excellent deer attractant.  Here's a picture I got from my camera last night when I decided to go pheasant hunting instead of sitting in a tree.
:shocked: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
He may have been attracted to you Sharon!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
He may have been attracted to you Sharon!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman