Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MN Deer Hunters  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Hockey #12

• Outdoorsman
  • First deer
My dad and I are both members of the lakes chapter, and we had the annual banquet lats night on St.Patties.  When we went in there we had no idea of what it was going to be like.  It was one of my most favorite days in my life.  I won a bow my dad won 2 shotguns and a bow my friend won a stealth camera and a 22L/R and his dad won a 270 rifle :o.  My firend and I went to forkhorn camp last year and we are going to another forkhorn camp this year just higher level. ;D

Hockey #12
If I was feelin any better, I'd be dangerous!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
2 shotguns??? :o

When is the next one!?

Offline Hockey #12

• Outdoorsman
  • First deer
Next march, why are you a member? ???

hockey #12
If I was feelin any better, I'd be dangerous!

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
with everybody winning prizes I think we should all join. :laugh:
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Next march, why are you a member? ???

hockey #12

No but the odds sound like I should!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never even hunted, but I might take it up if I could win prizes like that!  Congrats Hockey #12 & Grute Man!   ;D
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Mn deer hunters banquets are a good place to win items because they do not need to turn in much proceeds.
 Deer do not need money for habitat they live everywhere so the individual chapters I have been involved with basically use the income to have a party.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Bullseye

• Minnow
I hope you have fun with all the stuff you got! ;D

Bullseye :rock:       

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Tell us Grute did you and Hockey 12 win everything this year? Any other MNO member?
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Both of my boys did pretty good.  I feel lucky to have been blessed to have 2 great kids with such good luck.

I didn't see/notice anyone else from MNO but I was working a raffle all night so I didn't even get to sit with my friends until the end.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
WOW Hockey
sounds like you had a great time.... Do you bow hunt? are you going to learn now that you won a bow? You did great!!!!
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well the kids didn't win any bows this year but Hockey #12 already does bow hunt along with me.  My younger boy, (I think his log in name is oober ponage ??) won quite a bit last night.  He was the lucky one of us all. 

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh i thought the first post said he won a bow... my mistake
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well not really a mistake.  He did but that was from 2007.  This year now bows were won but a few fire arms and hunting supplies....

I don't really want to answer for him but he's at a buddies house and doesn't log in here much so -- He got out with his bow last deer season and took a few shots but didn't get one.  We'll go out to Bunker Hills where they have elevated stands to target shoot from.  I think he's just shooting too high since its from the elevation.  This will show him what he's doing wrong and this season he should have a better chance.

Grute  :dancinred:

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
You know i didnt even see that was from 2007.. lol

Sounds like you have a great family..

I would like to learn more about this.. is there a charter in every city? or is it just one a state? Is there one in Ely that you know of?

thanks.. NG

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
NG,  I am a member of the Sherburne County chapter.  You can find out information on chapters near you from the state web site.  http://mndeerhunters.com/

I won a 2008 Hoyt Katera bow package at our banquet a couple weeks ago.  Whoo Hooo.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank you
just emailed the chapter here in Ely
thanks so much for the info
NG

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
OK just got  back home.  I'll chekc on the other chapters.  There should be one close to you.  Most people sign up for the one closest to their home so they can go to the meetings and such.  That's what I do and now I volunteer for my chapter as well.  Then other people choose to join the chapter where they hunt so their money goes to help habitat in that area.  In your case, that may be one in the same.  I'll get the info and PM it to you.

GRUTE  :dancinred: