Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnewaska Updates  (Read 5696 times)

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Kyle here from Fish On Bait & Sport located in Glenwood on the east side of Minnewaska.  I am the owner of Fish On, grew up in Glenwood and spend alot of time on the water.  I will try to keep everyone as up to date as I can regarding Minnewaska.  There are others that spend alot more time on the lake than I do...any updates or experiences that others have with be greatly appreciated.  Last year was a great year on Minnewaska and we look for another great 2007 season.  Phone number at Fish On is 320-634-3667.

Fish On...and on...and on...and on!

Kyle

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
Welcome aboard Kyle, It's great to see you on here!  I have done a lot of fishing on Minnewaska, as my grandma lives in Glenwood.  Thanks for the Report!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO Kyle!  I haven't fished Minnewaska yet, but I hope to make it this year!  I'll be sure to stop by when I do!  Thanks and I know a bunch of us will be looking forward to reports this coming year. 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Iceberg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Kyle Welcome aboard.
I too was bornand raised in Glenwood, Class of '77 (Darn now I exposed my true age :laugh:). I now live in the metro area and sure miss living on that lake. 
A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey thanks for the warm welcome.  I look forward to providing some up-to-date info for anyone wanting to come out our way.

Lake was excellent last year!  I have personally never caught so many wallleyes and good sizes as well.  We were really getting people on the fish.  Excellent panfish with 6 to 7 ouncers any day during the summer...crappies even bit all the way through the summer!  Pike everywhere and of course the always excellent bass fishing.  Soime really trophy smallies were hauled in.  Seen a photo of a fella that caught a smallie through the ice and the measurements put it at the state record potential...had to release it of course.

Lake is open...never seen it open up so fast.

Two boats with insane fisherman were out over the weekend...trying to get an early bite on the crappies.  I think it is just a little cold for me to be out there yet.

THE BIG EVENT...Minnewaska is renowned for it's spring crappie bite.  As we get into the middle of April, there will be more and more people lining the shores after some really dandy crappies.  As always, last year provided a great bite and some days there were 20 or 30 people along the shore and out in boats...easily catching a limit.  Many made it a family event and would set out chairs and blankets for a picnic as others would be realing in the crappies.  Best set up was a "pinkie" tipped with a small crappie minnow.

Check back for updates and post any updates if you have any.

Kyle
Fish On...and on...and on...and on

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
thanks for the report Kyle.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Minnewaska Report...

The walleye bite was fantastic last weekend for the opener!  Many many limits caught and most fish were in the 12" to 20" range...alot of 16" plus or minus.  Kids were catching walleyes off shore even during the day as the eyes are were in shallow feeding on shinners.

I headed out after closing the bait shop and fished late into the evening catching almost 20 walleyes and keeping 6 in the 16" range.  It was 2 or 3 fish every pass.  Everyone was really happy with the bite.

Crappie and sunny bite is still really strong as well.

Kyle
Fish On...and on...and on!