Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Has anyone been getting any crappies?  (Read 4491 times)

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
I have been out a few times now and I think I am cursed! Any tips would be greatly apreciated!
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
water might still be to cold  ::fishing:: ::fishing:: ::fishing::

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
The crappie were biting on Minnetonka this weekend.  St. Cloud isn't that far away, so I assume there are lakes there with biting crappie/sunnies.  You just need to find a back bay, channel, cattail type area with 3-7 feet of water (hopefully stained).  This early bobbers usually are the ticket.  Be sure to slowly "jig" the bobber and/or slowly reel it in.  The fish are still a bit lethargic until the water warms into the mid to upper 50s.  Try waxies and SMALL crappie minnows.  Good luck. 

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Dave! I went out again tonight with my brother and we got 6 bullheads... Had a great time regardless!
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline DDR

• Outdoorsman

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
The yard bite bit harder this weekend.  Didn't make it out.  Any takers want to split some gas next weekend?  Let me know.  Got boat and truck.  Need fellow fisherman...   

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been out and gotten into the small crappies but noting to brag about. I'll be heading out again today for a few hours... I'll let you konw how big and how many!
~ Greg

Offline DeviousPete

• Outdoorsman
I was out  Mon and Tues night on a local lake....
 We were picking them up quite nicely around sundown.

PM me if you wanna know where.....