Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I hate the wind.  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I was hoping to get out and wet a line tomorrow, but it sounds like it's going to be a bit blustery. I'm not sure there is any place to hide from 40 mph wind gusts. ::violin:;
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
If there is one element I could do without it is the wind........it does nothing for me! ::50cal::

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain, snow, hail, twisters.  Wind sucks, but...

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I like the 5-10 mph wind on a hot day.  I can do without the 20 mph or more gusts.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline luvnlife

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I can relate on this topic!! I do not like the wind it can ruin a perfectly nice day either it be cold or hot!! I don't say hate to often but I DO HATE THE WIND!!! LUVNLIFE

Offline DDR

• Outdoorsman
Strong winds are no fun!  Makes for horrible casting.  But the choppy water that results due to the wind can make catchin' fish easier at times.  But 40 mph winds we can definitely do without!

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That is the only bad thing I can think of about living at Warroad, by Lake of the Woods. The bloody wind! Some of the trees in my backyard show a definite list to starboard. There are way too many days when it's too rough for me to go out on LOTW in my Lund S-16. After we moved up here 4 years ago Mrs Dirtball, my favorite wife, and I started calling it "The Wind From Hell!" ::banghead:: :taz: ::hittingself:: ::50cal:: DIRTBALL2 ;)
"You can't BS an old BS'er"

Offline Desperado

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • N St Paul, MN . . . via . . . Big Sky Country

Ya, more than 30mph is hard to deal with
BUT
I love a 10 to 20 mph wind.
P.S.
I fish walleyes more than any other species. 
Happy Trails
Des,  IBOT # 328

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

Ya, more than 30mph is hard to deal with
BUT
I love a 10 to 20 mph wind.
P.S.
I fish walleyes more than any other species. 

I do to and I still hate the wind! Nothing better than a glass lake and a slip bobber ;D

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN

I do to and I still hate the wind! Nothing better than a glass lake and a slip bobber ;D
actually, you want a little chop while bobber fishing.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

actually, you want a little chop while bobber fishing.

I would prefer calm.  ;) You want a little chop....I don't
« Last Edit: April 04/23/07, 01:13:54 PM by Mayfly »

Offline Desperado

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • N St Paul, MN . . . via . . . Big Sky Country
Nothing better than a glass lake and a slip bobber

For night fishing, I would agree.  The darkness complicates things enough that I don't need wind added to the mix; and obviously when it's dark, walleyes don't need the chop to created lower light conditions.  Besides sitting at anchor watching a lighted bobber is sooooo relaxing and for night fishing I prefer relaxing.

BUT during the day, give me the excitement!!! . . . Vertical jigging in a good chop.
Happy Trails
Des,  IBOT # 328

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I like a little chop when walleye fishing.
« Last Edit: April 04/23/07, 05:08:20 PM by Outdoors_junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline DDR

• Outdoorsman
 :;hijacked:: Hey Dirtball, say hi to your favorite wife for me!  See if she remembers me from ice fishing season.  And thanks once again for your hospitality!  I still need to call your nephew and get the Genz box to him.  I'm such a slacker.  LOL.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread:

::fishing::

I'd prefer not fishing in the wind although a nice breeze is nice at times, especially on those hot, muggy days.  I'm not much of a walleye fisherman, mainly cuz I've done most of my fishing from shore.  Just need to get out a few times with someone that does chase them so I can learn a few tricks of the trade.