Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What is your Biggest Fish to date.......Will you break your Record in 2007?  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Thought this would be a fun thread to start.

What is the biggest fish that you have ever caught for each species if you want to name them all and will you break your personal best record in 2007??!!

I will stick with Northern Pike and Walleye.

Northern Pike was 38+ inches long and weighed about 17lbs.

My biggest walleye was 27 1/2inches and wasn't weighed.

Both fish were released and I will break my walleye record this year! That is a promise!

::fishing::

Here is a pic of the Pike:

« Last Edit: April 04/24/07, 11:47:39 PM by Mayfly »

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Great thread.  I have never weighed my biggest fish and other than a few times, I never even measured them.  Wish I had.  I have caught large species for most everything I've persued except pike.  The largest I have landed was about 10 lbs.  Hooked and seen monsters, but never landed the hawg. 

The largest fish of all species is a 15-20lb carp hanging on my uncles wall (the Carpenters).   

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 I caught a 35 lb  King Salmon  on lake michigan in the eighties  on 10 lb test line.  it was a blast!!  wish i had a camera . thisfish fed my family for three whole meals . and we are a big family .
member  # 569

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
~ 18.5" - ~5.5 lbs LM Bass
~ 19" SM Bass
26.5" Walleye
30"

Going to try to beat all of them this year.

Here is a smaller 5lb bass I took during a tournament.

Here is a smaller 18" Smallie I took on the river last year.  The 19" was caught less then 100 yards from this spot.

Here is the 26.5" Walleye from opener last year on the pond.

Offline QuillGordon

• Outdoorsman
I guess I am in for more quanity than quality.. I love fresh walleye fillets frying in the pan... Being a "meat" fisherman I have caught few big ones but I have caught a 12.5# wally from Saganaga.. QG

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Sag! I have heard a lot of big fish stories from that lake. Somewhere I surely would like to visit within the next few years.

Offline captkev

• Outdoorsman

ScottPugh ... :ROTFLMAO:  Love that shirt in the Smallie Pic.

I'm not sure where to start here...? Are we talking just fresh water...?

Muskie...? Not big, only some where about 10 lbs. on walleye gear.
Northern Pike... 38" (Ball park)
Large mouth... 5 lbs.
Smallie... 20.5"
Crappie... 15.75"
Gill... 10.25"
Perch... 15" LOTW

Not too sure on all the Salt water stuff.

32 lb. red snapper...

Not sure how big this shark was...? I think the log was 170lbs without the head and guts.

89lb. Cobia

Kevin K. Winkler

Ice Team PowerStick

Offline Hog EyEs

• Outdoorsman
Walleye 30 1/4
LM 20 1/2
SM 20
Crappie 15 1/2
Gill 10 7/8
Muskie 45"

Hopefully will break one personal best this year.

Offline CentralFishingClub

• Outdoorsman
     6 and a half pound largy.
      39'' pike
     28" walleye

NEVER GIVE UP!

Offline buckshot

• Outdoorsman
The picture doesn't do this fish any justice but to give you an idea....I believe the guy holding the fish is about 6'3".  I caught it and his net wasn't big enough and with the current he ended up grabbing by the bottom lip....we wanted to get her back as quick as we could so I just snapped a pic and he threw her back.  It was about a 20 minutes fight...the fish would not come off the bottom.  When we saw it come up we were both astonished at the size.
It bottomed out a 40# scale with no problems.  We tossed around some ideas but thought maybe 50-60 pounds.
Walleyes come and walleyes go....but the memories last forever!!

Offline buckshot

• Outdoorsman
Here is me with my biggest walleye to date.....11# 14oz from lake Erie.

« Last Edit: May 05/02/07, 09:35:44 AM by buckshot »
Walleyes come and walleyes go....but the memories last forever!!

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
That is a thick walleye! How many inches did it go?? That cat was nice as well. We caught some cats about half that size last year and fighting them was a heck of a fight! The real fun is when they get into the current! Either you motor with them or you'll be loosing that fish! My buddy Tom and I have had some fun on the river. The few times we have been down the last couple years we have caught some nice fish!

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Multiple 12 pound Walleyes when i was younger, all caught on Big Stone Lake. I also have two 17 3/4 Crappies on my wall, one from Mille Lacs and the other from Bull Shoals (Arkansas). My biggest Sunfish is 2.5 pounds, caught on Pelican Lake back in the late 80's.

Biggest Northern Pike was caught in Canada on Reed Lake (Manitoba) never weighed or measured, just a photo and release, guessed around 25 pounds.

I have certificates and newspaper articles for the sunfish and Walleyes, a pin for the Northern and the 2 Crappies are mounted.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
You finally mounted that slab crappie! That was a heck of a fish!!

Offline wallii1

• Minnow

Offline KSW

• Outdoorsman
42" Northern Pike.  Fishing Sturgeon Bay (WI) for Muskee with my father-in-law.  It was a couple summers ago.

Offline CentralFishingClub

• Outdoorsman
   Check that, just got a seven pounder(largemouth).  got it on mn opener fishing for pike by mille lacs.
NEVER GIVE UP!

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
The biggest northen I've gotten in the boat was a little over 12lbs.
the biggest bluegill was 2bls 3/4 oz. my partner got one 2lbs 1oz that day, i gave him mine so he could mount them together.
 The best fight i have seen was when my dad hooked and landed a 18 lb. northern while casting poppers for bass with his fly pole.

Offline Berettaman

• Minnow
I have some rather odd numbers, but they are all accurate to within a quarter inch.

Musky 50"
Pike 40"
Walleye 30"
Crappie (and here I break from even numbers) 15 3/4"

I hope to break the Pike number this year.

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ;D  42 " northern pike speared on gull lake in 2004 22#
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
26.5" Walleye

One down 3 more to go...  26.875" walleye was caught on Friday. 

Sorry about the picture (no-shirt).  Just took off the long sleeve to put on the short sleeve and the bobber took off.

Offline GOGETTER

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
To date its a 27lb northern caught near the The Pas, in Canada.  It is back in the lake looking for another lure to bite on.  Got a pic of it at my desk at work. 
GENO

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Tompton

• Outdoorsman
  • <*)))))><{
My biggest northern was probably only about 8 lbs

Walleye - I just caught my biggest last week, 28 1/4 inches

I caught a 17 inch Brown trout on an open stream this past January on a 3 weight fly rod and 2lb tippet. (FUN)

I also caught a 17lb Channel Cat in the Miss last summer with Mayfly.  We were fishing for walleye and we had to chase the monster down river or he was going to strip my line right off the reel.

Oh Yah, and a 250lb Goliath Grouper (Jewfish) too.  Well, me and another guy.  It took two of us to get the thing up 100 feet from the bottom.

Here they are

« Last Edit: June 06/28/07, 09:15:24 AM by Tompton »
Tom Gergen - Senior VP
Lenders Appraisal Services, Inc.
www.lendersappraisalservice.com

Our company has been serving the community with Commercial and Residential Appraisals since 1960.