Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear Hunt in Alaska - Trip of a life time. (Pic)  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My buddy was rewarded for a job well done from his company with an all expense paid, guided bear hunt in Alaska.  These guys ran snowmobiles 60 miles from camp, then snowshoed through 4 ft of snow to get to this bad boy.  He's an avid deer and bear hunter in Northern Wisconsin, so this was a trip of a lifetime.  The camp they are staying at has a satellite, so we've been getting daily updates.  He shot this yesterday, which was day 4 of the hunt.  Here's Dean (right) pictured with his guide.

My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
That is an awesome bear and indeed the hunting trip of a lifetime. Tell your friend Dean congrats on the great hunt. That is a great looking animal!
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
the heck with the congrats... ask your buddy Dean if his company is hiring!!  I am willing to relocate.

seriously, are they looking for .net web developers?
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
 :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline luvnlife

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Maybe ask if they need any women, I would be interested!!

Words can't even come close to what he is feeling right now!

Thanks for sharing the picture and story!

LUVNLIFE

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Ya - Those damn sales guys get all the nice perks. ;D

Here is how he described getting there in his first email:

We arrived in Anchorage about 3:00 am Monday morning. Long seven hour flight sitting next to Mike Black, needless to say, we did not sleep. We checked in the Puffin Inn hotel and slept a few hours and jumped on a plane for our flight to Dillingham. Great flight, on a small plane, we flew over snow covered mountains to South West Alaska, not far from Kodiak Island. The bears we are hunting are the same bears on the island. We got together with our guides and drove to Bristol Bay. We loaded up our gear on snowmobiles and drove them to our Lodge. No roads to the lodge, you need to fly, snowmobile or swim to get there. We do have satellite internet and tv. We shot our guns, both of us were on at 200 yards. It is light here til 10:30 - 11:00. We start hunting tommorow morning. Will send big bear pics soon!

« Last Edit: April 04/26/07, 04:33:00 PM by Harold »
My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
It seems strange to see so much snow on the ground for a bear hunt? Except maybe polar bears. This bear must be just out of hibernation? Right? Heck of a trip.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
That's a dream hunt for me.  Send on my congrats.   :rock:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
This bear must be just out of hibernation? Right? Heck of a trip.

He had mentioned that when they first saw it's tracks in the snow, they saw dirt in the tracks.  They figured he had just come out of his den.