Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 55 Inch Muskie  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
How do you handle one of these monster in the boat??

Watched someone land a 55 inch fish once and they brought in the boat and it thrashed around on the ground, then the guy stradled it and worked the lure out of the mouth. Then he measured the fish and then got the person who caught the fish ready for the picture. Then pictures were taken. The whole process took about 2 1/2 minutes maybe more.

Is this normal????

???

Offline labs4me

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If you plan on killing them...

Most muskie guys I know and have been around, remove the hooks in the water while the fish is ' in the net' and get the camera and tape ready.  The fish is out of the water at most 20-30 seconds.  They never hold them vertically b the gill plates...

I always heard a good rule of thumb was to take a deep breath and hold it as soon as you lift the fish out of the lake.  If you need to exhale, the fish has been out to long.

Good luck!

Ken

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
That is what I was thinking....Saw the video on youtube and was thinking what the hell are these people doing!!!???

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Heck.....watch for yourself ???

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz66LNKrUPk[/youtube]

Offline labs4me

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's sad!!!  That's a 3 minute video with breaks in the action.... reverse the roles... i wonder how well any of the three would've done under water for 3+ minutes...

Might as well just filleted it! ::violin:;

about everything you can do wrong in CPR was done in that video... Wiley Point ( I assume that's where it was caught by the hats) should be ashamed to have a guide like this handling trophy muskie or pike like that.

Good Luck!

Ken

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Ah.. Hold on 2 minutes while I roll my sleeves up again!

Then the Guide had to take his picture at the end too, what a proffessional!
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
I would have done it faster, but... From a rookie I can see how one would take a wile, but ... FROM A GUIDE???? It took to long! I can relate with the excitement and the awe of a fish that size, but if you want it to live you got to be more carefull. Most likely that fish is dead, and that sucks. A TON! Well, all we can do is spread the word and the know how. I would not have blamed them for killing the fish if it went on the wall (not all feel that way, but I do so HA!). We do our part, and all we can do is hope others do theirs as well.
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Who said it was a guide? I thought I read that it was her husband? 

Offline Tompton

• Outdoorsman
  • <*)))))><{
The best part is that they're proud of this video if it's on Utube.

::50cal::
Tom Gergen - Senior VP
Lenders Appraisal Services, Inc.
www.lendersappraisalservice.com

Our company has been serving the community with Commercial and Residential Appraisals since 1960.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
The best part is that they're proud of this video if it's on Utube.

::50cal::

Your right, If that was me I would hide that video...not post it for the world to see! The beauty of editing is you could of made this look like it was done right and then share it! Notice at the end when he is releasing the beast it turns to its side and then they decide to edit.........

Offline icebanger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
wait i fell asleep did he get it in the boat ::banghead:: ::banghead::my god what the heck was that guy thinking ::whyclick::

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
wait i fell asleep did he get it in the boat ::banghead:: ::banghead::my god what the heck was that guy thinking ::whyclick::

::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
Who said it was a guide? I thought I read that it was her husband? 

I think her husband was running the camera. He said "you have officaly been slimes hunny" at the end. Guide??? I realy don't know. I thought that was what you said but in re-reading I don't know where I picked that up!
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline gds

• Outdoorsman
If that was a guide i sure hope they tiped him enuff to go buy a large net, and directions on how to use it.
Gary