Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Osakis 6-5  (Read 4890 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
Walleye action continues to be good on Osakis.  Two mile bar producing lots of quality fish at sunset and thereafter.  Bobber fishing with leeches and shiners were the preferred methods for nicer fish.  Bass have really taken off this weekend, with many fish in the two pound range coming out of the outlet area.  Spinner baits, or bobber fishing with jumbo leeches are both being effective.  Northerns are everywhere on Osakis this year, with lots of fish around the pound and a half to three pound range.  The bigger the live bait the better, big suckers, creek cheebs, and big golden shiners all producing nice northerns along the deeper weed edges 10-16 feet. Panfish remain elusive on Osakis, as the water begins to warm some sunnies have started to move in, another week or so should see them in the shallows.

Lake Osakis ? Holiday Resort, Adam, 115 miles west of Twin Cities on I-94W, take 71N to Co Rd 10W to Falcon Dr in Osakis, www.lakeosakisresorts.com (320-859-4360)
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy