Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: BAIT COST  (Read 4267 times)

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
Well it has finally hit the bait. (gas prices) i saw a 33 %  increase in my supplied coasts  on minnows. so all you fisher people  be ready. because it is going to affect all bait !!   look for increases  in the near future to your retail costs. and knowing this business  the price may never come down.  oh well what do you do . i guess you have to pay if you want to fish. just an FYI  for everyone .

HT  HOLDEMTWICE
member  # 569

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the heads up HT! 
And in case no one's heard yet- Milk is supposed to get up to $5.00/gallon by labor day.  We all know who to thank for the price increases in everything-I won't go there.   ::banghead::
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline mopho

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for the heads up HT! 
And in case no one's heard yet- Milk is supposed to get up to $5.00/gallon by labor day.  We all know who to thank for the price increases in everything-I won't go there.   ::banghead::
did you know  the price of milk  is   cheeper by half  in seattle wash  compared  to  here ?

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 :;hijacked:: :;hijacked:: :;hijacked:: :;hijacked:: :;hijacked:: :;hijacked:: :;hijacked:: :;hijacked  :: :;hijacked::

what does milk have to do with bait ???  i realize this may be a real dumb question  ....      ::hittingself:: ::hittingself::

HT  HOLDEMTWICE      :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :moon:
member  # 569

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I always wash down my bait with a big glass of milk!  Doesn't EVERYONE?! :ROTFLMAO:

:;hijacked::(It has absolutely nothing to do with bait-just the fact that because some rich oil barrons know they can get away by gouging us as the pumps-that everything else will eventually go up in price as well-except for wages.  The Milk thing-I saw on the news the other night and thought I'd pass it along as well-sorry to hijack your thread HT.) :;hijacked::
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
Easy there woody  was a little bit of a joke there buddy   i was kidding . i am sorry , i  didnt mean for anyone  to take it wrong. anyway  thank you for the post //   lmao    ::hittingself:: ::hittingself:: ::hittingself:: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

P.S  you didnt hyjack my thread.  (snicker)    HT  HOLDEMTWICE
member  # 569

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
We're good HT!  But you still didn't answer my question....

"Doesn't everyone wash their bait down with a big glass of milk?

:ROTFLMAO:

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
as long as its chocalate !!!   lmao    ::cheers:: ::cheers:: ::cheers:: ::cheers:: ::hittingself:: ::hittingself::

edit edit edit   

HT
member  # 569

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Hey Woody. I look forward to seeing you in one of those milk ads with a big milk mustache. Got Milk?

We're good HT!  But you still didn't answer my question....

"Doesn't everyone wash their bait down with a big glass of milk?

:ROTFLMAO:
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito  can i have a pic of that  ???
member  # 569

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it has finally hit the bait. (gas prices) i saw a 33 %  increase in my supplied coasts  on minnows. so all you fisher people  be ready. because it is going to affect all bait !!   look for increases  in the near future to your retail costs. and knowing this business  the price may never come down.  oh well what do you do . i guess you have to pay if you want to fish. just an FYI  for everyone .

HT  HOLDEMTWICE

But gas has gone down so does that mean bait will go back down too ??
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Not likely Iceman...it never comes down as fast as it goes up unfortunately.... ;)
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
dang !!

At least bait don't go up and down like gas does  ::banghead::   
« Last Edit: June 06/10/07, 09:15:30 PM by iceman »
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 SO FAR  the olny thing affected are minnows .  i took a 33%  hit  in supplied costs. that sux .    anyway  keep on fishing !!

ht
member  # 569

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we are going to see alot of things go up in price besides the gas,bait,and milk

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
I just bought another minnow trap at a garage sale for 25 cents, now I have two. It's a black plastic one that hides really well under the water. Haven't bought minnows for over 10 years for summer fishing.
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 thats awsome  slick   can you supply me with around 800 doz.  every  other week  ???? ?  thats how many i need  ..  thanx     ht
member  # 569

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure...But I have to buy another trap first! :ROTFLMAO:

It's a good thing I only use about 3 dozen a year. ::hittingself::

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:  thats what i thought  .     :ROTFLMAO:   i wish i could do that .. use only three doz. !!!   have fun fishing   bro .   

HT
member  # 569

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
You can, they're called Mepps spinners...Don't leave the dock without them.

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 THAT TOO BRO.  and rapalas and chug bugs and and  and  and  ......................    ht
member  # 569