Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Chicken & Turkey Recipes  (Read 8788 times)

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Please post your favorite Chicken recipes to share.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 03/21/16, 02:26:24 PM by The General »
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline icebanger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
the Mrs and i love this chicken...serves 4
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1 package ranch dressing mix

mix all ingredients together pour over chicken
let marinate over nite
grill and enjoy...... ::cheers::

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 DANG IT BANGER !!!!  THAT SOUNDS VERY GOOD. i am gunna try that  ,
  thanx for the post !!   hey  maybe you  and the mrs will invite me over next time you cook em ....  lol   just an idea.

HT 
member  # 569

Offline icebanger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
any time holdem maybe we will have a few beers also ::cheers::

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
this is a recipe i made up years ago, kids call it chicken
parts. this would also be good with beef pork or chicken
nuggets.

start out with 3 eggs beaten with a slash of milk well
beaten in a bowl, you can put hot sauce in there too.
flour mixture is..
1\2 cup flour  all purpose
1 tablespoon corn meal
1\2 tsp garlic salt
1\2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1\2 tsp paprika

mix the flour ingrediants in a gallon zip lock bag, dip meat
in egg mixture and put in ziplock and shake. i add a few peice at a time but keep all in the bag during this process  . then put the bag in the fridge for a half hour for it
 to get a little gluey. take em out and fry em up in a deep skillet
til golden brown  useally 4 minutes depending on the meat
i buy the 1 lb chicken gizzies and it works well but will work
for more.

randy aka bh
skillet and salt to taste
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont measure anything when i cook but i just fried up 3 breasts yesterday in a stick of butter and when they were half way done i added some onions and PICKLE JUICE!! (probly a little less than 1/4 cup) i just decided to try it and it was amazing it almost tastes like lemon but its not over powering. i also cut up one of the breasts and put it in some alfrado noodles best meal ive made up in a while.
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline tuna

• Outdoorsman
chicken cheddar ranch

3-4 chicken breast
 1/2 cup ranch
 2 tbl flour
 cheddar cheese
 mix flour and ranch in bowl and preheat oven to 350
add chicken to casserole dish and pour on mix
top with cheddar cheese and bake for 35 min
just relax

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
This recipe is from the Green Mountain grills website and it alone has sold 5 pellet grills that I know personally (one was a green mountain Daniel Boone and my friend says it works great).  I made this on 3 or 4 separate occasions and everyone that has eaten it says it's the best turkey they have ever eaten.  The juices with every bite are the reasons rednecks like myself have stains on their wife beater shirts.  This is at least an 8hr job so plan ahead.

Ingredients:

1 cup of apple juice
    1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
    1-Whole Turkey
    5-Gallon Pale for Brining
    Aluminum Foil
    Brown Sugar
    Fresh Garlic
    GMG Poultry Rub I use some poultry rub I bought at the store
    Kosher Salt

Step 1 Grab a cold beer

Thaw the turkey in the refrigerator. This will take anywhere from 2-5 days depending on the size of the bird. You can also thaw it in cold water in 8-12 hours.

Remove the neck and the giblets from the bird’s cavities.

If you don’t own a pan large enough for the turkey, just go to a box store and buy a 5-gallon plastic pail. Put the turkey in the pan or pail and then add enough water to completely cover it.

Remove the turkey.

Add enough kosher salt to the water until a raw egg just seems buoyant. Stir. Add 3 tablespoons of brown sugar or molasses and 5 tablespoons of GMG Poultry Rub.

Use a garlic press or mash several cloves of garlic with the side of a butcher’s knife and add to the brine. Stir thoroughly.

Brine the turkey overnight. Make sure no part of the turkey is out of the water. I throw a bag of ice on top to keep it under

Day 2
Step 1 grab a cold beer. If It's early in the day maybe a Bloody Mary.  Refill as needed throughout the day     

Remove the turkey and pat dry with paper towels.

Push a wooden spoon underneath the skin all the way around the bird, top and bottom, to break the skin away from the flesh. The goal is to make enough room to get your hand between the skin and the flesh.

Rub reasonable amounts of Green Mountain Poultry Rub on the flesh with your hands between the skin and the meat. Do this top and bottom – wherever you can reach. You can put the rub on the skin, but this will merely make the skin taste good, not the meat – the skin acts as a perfect insulator. So unless you have a huge fondness for flavorful grilled turkey skin, you will waste your money putting a spice rub on it.

Place the turkey, breast side down, in a disposable aluminum pan (unless you really love to clean pots and pans and want to use your good oven roaster).

Turn the grill on and set it to 185° I set mine at 180. When that temperature stabilizes, put the turkey in the grill. On humid days, I recommend that you cover it for the first hour, since some sooting may occur until the atmosphere inside dries out.

Make a mixture of 1 cup of apple juice and 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Put this in a small spray bottle which you can get at Wal-Mart for about one dollar.

Spritz (spray) the turkey about once per hour. Make sure that you spritz thoroughly, especially inside the bird’s cavities.

Cook the turkey for about 8 hours, regardless of the size of the bird.
    After 8 hours, turn the bird over. Turn the grill up to 275°.

Push a metal meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast, about 3/4″ away from the bone. Push it straight down into the bird until it touches the bone, and then back it out about 1/2″. Leave the thermometer in.

Continue to cook for about 10-12 minutes per pound until the temperature on the meat thermometer reaches 160°. If the skin becomes browner than you like during this period, you can cover the breast with aluminum foil I have never done this personally. Remove the turkey from the grill, cover it completely with foil, and let it rest for 20-30 minutes, during which time the temperature will continue to rise to 165
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood