Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fall Turkey Bow hunt  (Read 3333 times)

Offline BearGuide

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Castle Creek Outfitters - Northern MN Bear Guide
    • www.Castle-Creek-Outfitters.com
What would be a good broadhead for bow hunting turkey this fall?  I was thinking of these...

Offline Catwoman

• Outdoorsman
    • Outdoor Adventure Ministries Magazine
I have used Gobbler Getters and used the Ballistic Archery Steelforce turkey talon tips.  Both work great since they won't pass thru.... BUT I would not use an expandable like Gobbler Getter when shooting thru the net of say, a Double Bull ground blind.  The trajectory is compromised, and the expandable quite possible could open upon passing thru the screen, according to the manufacturer.

This fall I had in mind try to hunt geese the way i bow hunt turkey... Set up a DB blind, with some dekes in a field with a cattail swamp on one side, and ag on the other side.  I just need to find a goose target to practice on now.  :-)

L
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
What about the Gobbler Guilatene?  Anyone seen these?

I've never turkey hunted but these look like they would be quite effective.

Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline BearGuide

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Castle Creek Outfitters - Northern MN Bear Guide
    • www.Castle-Creek-Outfitters.com
Thanks for the feedback on broadheads.  I did see the Gobbler Guilatene, but I was hoping to get a nice bird to mount.  I am not sure if my taxidermist would appreciate two sperate pieces.