Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's a good Metro lake?  (Read 3485 times)

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I am looking for a good Metro lake to take my son this week. anyone have any ideas?

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
well i guess no one is willing to share. just wanted a place to take my 8 yr old son since i dont know of all the metro lakes just wanted alittle info to take him fishing thanks anyway i will figure it out myself

Offline mopho

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
try calhun its pretty  under fished and has some  nice points  casting distance from shore
« Last Edit: June 06/25/07, 09:58:55 PM by mopho »

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
where is it located?

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Lake Jane, I'll get you directions.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
where exactly do you live in the cities again? (i think I asked this before)
Let me know, i'll give you some spots or point you to some local bait shops that are friendly and will help you out.

I noticed you only posted this at 7:30 pm today... give someone a chance to respond before getting negative... we'll help you out. ::fishing::
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I live in St. Paul Park BFG and I dont think my post was negative either :rock: :rock:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I read the title too fast and thought it was a different post.  Anyway, on the north east side, Bald Eagle is nice for getting on and off at the ramp.  I've caught some good crappies north of the islands.  Its supposed to be one of the better fishing lakes.  Can get busy on the weekend with jet skiers...White Bear is more difficult for getting on and off.  Get there early or there's no parking. One day when it was PACKED, it took me over an hour to put in and another hour to get out.  I know i know but I was already in line.

I go to Bald Eagle usually.  ::fishing::
Good luck
Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline BearGuide

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Castle Creek Outfitters - Northern MN Bear Guide
    • www.Castle-Creek-Outfitters.com
I lived in Saint Louis park for 5 years.  I use to go to Christmas lake for trout next to Minnetonka (good for first walkable ice).

Long lake in Wayzata is another I frequented for northern, walleye, sunnies, and a few crappies.  Tough bite usually, but if you work at it - great rewards!

Good bobber fishing from the shore near the public beach.  There is a nice drop off on a point to the left looking at the water you might be able to get to from the road.  Watch were you park.  You may get ticketed.  Nice boat landing.  Parking might get tight.  Go durning the week.
« Last Edit: June 06/26/07, 10:59:07 AM by BearGuide »

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
How far are you willing to drive? All the lakes around the Forest lake, Chisago City area are great lakes to take kids, and they are all relatively close to the Twin Cities.

Clear Lake
Green Lake
Forest Lake
South Center
North Center
Lindstrom
Chisago.......just to name a few of the more popular ones.

Closer to the cities......

White Bear
Bald Eagle
Lake Jane
DeMontreville
Centerville
Peltier

All these lakes can be good.

« Last Edit: June 06/26/07, 09:23:15 AM by Joe »
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
cool thanks for all the info..... this is way i love this site  :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I live in St. Paul Park BFG and I dont think my post was negative either :rock: :rock:

Negative? No.  Pouting/whining ? Yes.

You gave it 1 hour  ::)

;)

The metro area is a tough spot to get good info on. People are very quiet around this area just becasue there are so many anglers and so much pressure. After fishing the area for a while you will know what I mean.

Some of the best fishing that the metro area offers will be found in the Mississippi or the St. Croix. Plenty of water there! Besdies that just look at the map and pick a lake. I would look to the dnr for info on the lakes, go to lake finder. Also, this could be fun. Stop by a local bait shop ready to fish. Head in and just explain your situation and tell them to point you in a direction. Buy all your bait there, a candy bar, bottle of pop and maybe some misc. tackle. They will love you for the business and you will love thme for the tip ;D

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
cool tim thanks maybe i was a little whiny its more for my kid than me

Offline mopho

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 take him down to calhun and  let him rip into some muskies