Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL draft  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
The draft is this weekend, what does everyone think is going to happen?

I'm content with the Vikings staying at #17 overall and picking up Ernie Sims (LB) from Florida State, unless we could move up to grab Leinart, noone else to me seems worth the risk. i say grab Sims at #17 and a Qb at #48.

Please dont move up for Vince Young is all i ask. :o
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
They could make a deal for Cutler, but I think you right, they'll go with a defensive lineman with their first pick.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
Well Reggie Bush is not going to be the number one pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2426003

Maybe he will continue to slide all the way down to 17.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I've been reading about this for a couple days, but to be honest I am still surprised.

MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Also shows how accurate a mock draft is in the NFL. ???
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I heard that Mel Kiper gets paid over $350,000 a year for being a "draft expert".  I also heard that he got exactly 2 first round picks correct last year.  He is 0 for 1 right now.  He might be more overpaid than Torii Hunter.  Who knows what is really going on with the NFL draft.  A guy could go from being a first round pick to a third round pick because his fourth toe is shorter than his small toe.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
One thing we know that us Viking fans can count on, is that we always pick the wrong guy in the first round.  I think it started with Darren Nelson....could have had Marcus Allen...Last year it was Troy Williamson. 

Either we pick wrong, or make horrible trades and get nothing in return....Hershal Walker for all those players and draft picks (we could have kept our picks and land Emmit Smith or Troy Aikman), Randy Moss (for a back-up linebacker and fast but unproven wideout), Daunte....for will wait and see in the 3rd round!

www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
So what does everyone think of the Vikings draft.  I'm not sure why they had to move up to select the quarterback they got.  It sounds like he would have still been around today if they wanted to wait.