Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: CHarter Fishing [ $tips }  (Read 1907 times)

Offline fishercz20

• Outdoorsman
Planning a charter fishing trip for 5 hrs on Lake Superior [ $400 ] and I was just wondering, do you Tip the Captain or owner after the trip and if so How much? Thanks for your response.

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
when i lived in oregon and a bunch of us hired a charter we would tip the deck hand for helping us with our catch and also the captain for taking us out you dont have to tip the captain if you dont want too but i would tip the deck hand for helping you since they dont make much anyway depending how many are going i would tip $20 per person

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I've only gone on one but did tip the captain and driver/pilot/whatever his title is.  They were the only 2 on board with us.  I figured they did me a service so a few bucks ($20 each) is a nice way to say thanks.
Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
when we went to Lake Michigan salmon fishing, we always tipped the capt $20 each.  he would give some to the deck hand.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Last summer up on LOW we stayed at Sportmans Lodge. Included in the stay was 2 days charter fishing. I believe after the 2nd day we all chipped in about 20 each. It was well worth it, the service was phenomenal!! I imagine that the same goes out there. Think of it as whoever is driving that boat unless it is his service is just getting paid his normal hourly wage or salary. He is going above and beyond hopefully to make your trip better than ever. I think they deserve it a majority of the time.

Offline icebanger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
last year in key west we tipped the first mate 15 percent on the total bill ::drunks:: and he earned every $ hope you have a great time and post some pics

Offline fishercz20

• Outdoorsman
Thank you all for your response. I think its just the captain taking us. It will be 3 men and 3 children. I was thinking $50 if all goes well.
    Also I read somewhere that Lake Trout are not really Trout but Char. Any thoughts?