Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear hunting  (Read 3558 times)

Offline rem

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
anyone else pumped  :rock:

Offline Catwoman

• Outdoorsman
    • Outdoor Adventure Ministries Magazine

YES... YES... YES !!  I found bear scat the size around of my forearm at one of my foodplots... and measured a print in another plot, at 6 inches across...got a photo of it too.

I have rabbits eating my garden up at the cabin, and one presented itself as I was unloading my bow last weekend.  Being as the varmint was causing damage, I was within my rights to remove it.  Now bears do a death moan when they die, but wabbits WOW do they put up a fuss !  It was the dinner bell to the bears.  I left the dead rabbit in the center of camp by the deer feeder and it vanished overnight.

So.. speaking of bears... has anyone here ever used the technique of predator calls while bear hunting over bait?  I have heard of doing that but have never tried it myself.  After this rabbit adventure, I am thinking about checking into it tho.  I have a number of photos of bears in camp where I snuck out on the porch and snapped a pic.  How do I post here??

CW
« Last Edit: July 07/16/07, 08:01:03 AM by Catwoman »
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Offline BearGuide

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Castle Creek Outfitters - Northern MN Bear Guide
    • www.Castle-Creek-Outfitters.com
VERY EXCITED!!!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake

I have a number of photos of bears in camp where I snuck out on the porch and snapped a pic.  How do I post here??

CW

Here's the easiest way I know of to post pics here:

Open a photobucket account (its free and "anything free is worth saving up for.")

Download your pics into a photobucket account.

Under your downloaded pics will be some codes. 

Left click on the img code to highlight it. 

Then right click on it and select "copy."

Go to whatever thread where you're posting and click "paste."  The code will show up but when you open the thread, you'll see the pic kinda like magic (only its not really magic so don't let em fool ya.)

Let me know if it goofs up on ya and I'll see where I went wrong in my directions; I guess theres a first for everything.   ;)
Grute   ::dancinred::
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline BearGuide

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Castle Creek Outfitters - Northern MN Bear Guide
    • www.Castle-Creek-Outfitters.com
Otherwise...click on "Additional Options..." below where you enter text in a message.
Select the "Browse..." button to search for the image on you computer or staorage device (camera, etc...).  Size matters - 200KB. 

Try to look for some imaging software to resize your images if you don;t want to use a site like photobucket.com

But like Grute said - photo bucket may already resie the images for you and all you have to do is paste the link from their site.

Hope that helps.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I tried that "additional options" and it never worked due to the size you mentioned.  Thats why I go with photobucket.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Catwoman

• Outdoorsman
What's the web address of that photo place to upload pix?  I changed my profile pic to show the bear I got last year... 340 pounds, 11 yard shot with my Mathews.  I was so weak kneed after the shot I nearly fell outta my tree.   ::dancinred::
CW

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Was excited but things just are not going rite and i Will not be able to put the proper effort into it. So I'm not going to even start a bait station. Bummed on that.

Offline Catwoman

• Outdoorsman
Was excited but things just are not going rite and i Will not be able to put the proper effort into it. So I'm not going to even start a bait station. Bummed on that.

Ahh, bummer.  If you scare up some ching, my neighbors up by the shack run a bear operation and take only 18 total hunters.  Good people... they did my food plots and road and stuff and have a decent success rate. 

ANyhoo, I went to that photobucket place and uploaded a bunch of photos.  Now I need to see how to post them here.

CW

« Last Edit: July 07/17/07, 05:14:48 PM by Mayfly »

Offline luvnlife

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you post more?

LUVNLIFE