Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: gas oil mix  (Read 2221 times)

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113

I have a 1982 Johnson 70 HP 3 cyl motor that was rebuilt last year. And I know about as little as humanly possible about it. I am more of a hunter than a fisherman but I do get out a few times with the kids  Anyhow    Do you know what type of oil, gas,and mixture I should be using?

any help or a point in the right direction would be great   THANKS
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ??? on all my two cycle engins i use 1 quart of bia. tcw oil to 6 gallons of gas ! might fallout a plug now and then ! but there cheaper then an overhaul .  woodchuck
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Yeah I use the same mix for all my 2 cycles wheather it be a chain saw, leaf blower, outboard motor.  I believe its 50 to 1 mix.  Lots of places sell oil bottles sized specifically for a certain size gas can.  I got a bunch of little ones for a 2 gallon can and then like Woodchuck said, a quart to 6 gallons.

Fish on brother.   ::fishing::
Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
awwwwww i rremember those days of premixing  :ROTFLMAO: but not no more... gotta love a 4stroke lol but yeah it is 50-1.... 1 quart to 6 gallons  FISH ON BROTHER ::fishing:: ::fishing:: ::fishing::

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113

Thanks for the input that is what I have been running but somebody said something different. So I thought I would ask the MNO Pros

Thanks ::hittingself:: ::hittingself:: ::hittingself::
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline laker

• Outdoorsman
Fouled those plugs out yet?  ::) A quart to 6 gallons is a 24:1 mixture. The correct mix would be one pint to a 6 gallon can. Happy boating. ::cheers::

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
WHEW!! Thanks Laker that was close.  So far I've been using these little bottles I got with my chainsaw that are dummy proof.  They say they go with a 2 gallon can.  I've been taking as much as I need from my gas cans 2 gallons at a time and pouring that into my boat.  I've goe ONE dummy proof bottle then I was gonna do the quart deal.  Bet that woulda been kinda smokey huh?

6 X 4 = 24  (6 gallons of gas and 4 quarts per gallon = 24 quarts of gas)

In the infamous words of Homer -- DOH!!!   ;D
Thanks again.
Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.