Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOOT???  (Read 5399 times)

Offline GOLDTIP

• Outdoorsman
  • My first Wisconsin deer October 2008
Just seeing how often everybody shoots during the summer months and how many arrows you shoot during each session and what kind of practice do you do as far as different angles go, out of stands,blinds,etc.etc.
LIFE IS ALWAYS FULL OF CHANGES  SO ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED  SO HUNT WHILE YOU CAN !!!!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I try to go at least once a week and just take straight on shots.  Last night I was 1" away from the bullzeye consistently so I'd say its pretty accurate.  Hopefully, I'll increase it to daily shooting like I should.  Also, I never practiced out of a stand.  Does anyone know of a range with elevated shooting platforms?

Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
This time of year the only time I go is when I can get out at day break or late in the evening before dark. I hate shooting in this heat. The boys baseball season just ended so we'll have a few more nights a week open to hit the range.
The only ranges I'm familiar with that have elevated stands are club ranges. Coon Rapids, Chilakoot, etc. I've been to both for 3D shoots, but I think you need to be a member to use the facilities otherwise.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Have a tree stand in the oak tree in my back yard, plus two glendel bucks "walking" around. Every morning after work. probably a dozen or two.

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
I like to get out 2-3 times a week in the evening when things have cooled down. I use to be able to have things setup to where i just left the bow by my door and when i went out i would shoot one or 2 arrows. I wasn't shooting very fare but it helped keep the body in tune for the first shot and helped make me consentrate on mking the first shot count.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I shot my bow today for the first time in about 3 years ;D First shot was dead center bullseye...second shot was not dead center and the third shot was out of the bullseye. Then I realized that I need to tighten my hay because the arrows are going in way too far.

To answer the question...I plan to shoot at least a dozen arrows a day. It is nice that all I have to do is walk out my front door. Makes it that much easier. Now I just have to fix my target.

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have been shooting between about 30 minutes a day at all different ranges from 10-40 just to make sure all is good. I am so pumped i canthardly stand it any more!! ;D