Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: what kind of arrows?  (Read 5333 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
what kind of arrows do you guys use?  carbon or aluminum and why?
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I just switched to carbons this year.  I got a new bow so I set it up with those because they'll fly faster and are more durable than my big aluminum 2117s.  I use Carbon Express 300s.  So far no problems but haven't shot them very much yet.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I use Carbon. After my first year bowhunting in 99 I switched. The arrows seem to be smoother, faster and more accurate. I did kill 2 deer my firts year ;) So I imagine there is nothing wrong with the aluminum arrows but the carbon just feel better all around to me.

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
I shoot carbon also, shot alum. in my old bow but when i got this one the dealer rcomended carbon. They seem to kill the deer just as dead. lol

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I am shooting Carbon Express maxima hunters. I found them the be the fastest, and most reliable arrow that i have shot. But another thing is that they are also the most expensive at $140 a dozen if i remember right, and one week after having them i got a robinhood and boy is that an expensive trophy!

Offline hunterhunting

• Minnow
I am shooting Carbon Express maxima hunters. I found them the be the fastest, and most reliable arrow that i have shot. But another thing is that they are also the most expensive at $140 a dozen if i remember right, and one week after having them i got a robinhood and boy is that an expensive trophy!
::dito