Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Tuning Bow  (Read 4743 times)

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Was getting arm slap so shortened up my bow 1/2" the other day and finaly got out to shoot and make tuning ajustments. Alos trying to get use to new release. Was only shooting in the back yard at 10 yds. but here are some pics. of what I ended up with.
First 2 are of a groupe shot with 2 broad heads, one field point and one unflectched arrow.

3&4 are one fletched broadhead,1 feildpoint and one unfletched broadhead.

the last one is a fieldpoint i lost in the target 2 yrs. ago :ROTFLMAO: found it today with another arrow. ops forgot the pic the first time.

Is this a good way of telling weather the bow is in tune or not?
« Last Edit: August 08/13/07, 12:59:56 PM by tripnchip »

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Thats pretty cool finding that old field tip.  I think to really KNOW you've tuned your bow you would want to eliminate any other variables.  So I'd shoot all similar arrows - all fletched...

On the other hand, even with all the different arrows, you still have a really good group.  I'd even let you shoot the apple off my head.   ;D

Man I wanna go shoot tonight but I have a bathroom vanity to install.   ::violin:;
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
I did shoot a Field points and they held a tight group to. I refuse to do it with the broadheads after just paying $80 for a dozen arrows. If I get time tomarrow and the winds not blowing I'll take it out for some longer shooting. Otherwise I'll justtake what I need camping with me and work on it there. Also got new sight pins so need to get them set. All I have to pick up yet are a few new broadheads and I'm set for season.
« Last Edit: August 08/13/07, 08:59:18 PM by tripnchip »