Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: small game hunting question ????  (Read 3253 times)

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
where is a good publlic  hunting property where i could take my  son small game hunting for  the first time ? atleast around the tc area ? any info would be appreciated ....thanks

Offline tattguy12

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
in my opinion if its your sons first time out, drive to like buffalo or someplace like that find a big field or farm area and go to the farmhouse and ask permission to teach your son about the outdoors. from my experience if there not using most farmers will let you use it if you ask first and dont bother anything. If not check the dnr site for areas close to you. Good luck to you and your boy on your first time out.

Kevin
WOW LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT BULLHEAD!!!!!!

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
if anyone needs a spot let me know i have some land that needs clearing :fudd:... i would trap them but im to lazy to dye,boil and wax my traps  :rotflmao:

Offline Norsketech

The DNR WMA areas within an hour of the TC are wiped clean.  They should call them Wildlife Massacre Areas.  I too am looking for acreage to bring my son out on for the first time.  So far we ahve wasted three weekends on the WMA's. 

I'll email you mnminkman.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
The DNR WMA areas within an hour of the TC are wiped clean.  They should call them Wildlife Massacre Areas. 

That is hilarious.... And welcome to MNO.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
It depends on what kind of small game. Maybe down by te TC area it's different but most hunters don't persue rabbits or squirrel, which is where alot of hunters got their start. I would just guess that there is someplace to go after them.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson