Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Is This What They Call A Scam  (Read 1991 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I had an add of a kitchen table on bluebird from before I even became a MNO memeber and I just recieved an E-Mail from someone.  Here it is:

Thanks so much for your fast response... The Cashiers Check that will be issued will include the money for the sales of your item + the shipping cost and my commission.I would like to restate clearly that this item will be shipped to UK and I have a shipping agent who would take good care of this. 

You are required to cash the cashiers check same day you recieve and deduct the funds for the sales of your item and have the excess funds sent to the shipper via Western Union Money Transfer at one of their outlets around you in order to schedule the pick up of the item.

All neccesary transfer papers will be dully signed by the shipper on behalf of my client when the shipping agents comes for the pick up of the item. I will b e willing to entertain more of your questions that mught arise and you
are free to call me on my cell phone +2348028987010 .If you really show willingness and would really want to sell this item fast,please provide your CONTACT NAME,ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER so that I can have it forwarded to my client for immediate payment issuance.
Thank You.

IS THIS A SCAM?  I have not replied I just sent an E-mail back to see if it was even an active account and the person responded with this above statement.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline schwinger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I would say it is.

Any time they want you to cash a check and then send them the additional funds I would stay away. It is usually a bad check so they have you cash it send the the leftover funds and then you are stuck with the company coming after you to reimburse the funds because the check does not go through.

In short - Hit the delete button.

Offline supercruiser

• Outdoorsman
  • Just Do It!
Definitely a scam - just delete it
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by thethings you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throwoff the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catchthe trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
If it looks like a tird, smells like a tird, it's usually a tird. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
Yes,this is definately a scam.