Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bad Hit Pays Off  (Read 4823 times)

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a real bad hit on one yesterday evening. After it's enitail charge I had to just set there sick to my stomatch and watch it walk away down the power line until it dissapeared. I sat and watched knoing if it stayed on the power line I would see it again but it never reapeared after a half hour.I got down and started checking trails in the area it dissapeared and finaly found a little blood on one of them,so I marked it and and went and picked the little lady up from work. When we got home I paced the floor wanting to take a lite and go find it but but with so little bllod I knew that would be stupid so I got on here and made you all put up with me until bed time. I was up before the wife this morning and pacing the floor againuntil i figured there was enough lite to track. When I got up there to my dissapointment there was just enough mosture lastnight that the blood I had mark was not seeable. So the tracking would be a guess and be darned search instead. About 15 yards into the woods the trail has a 3 way  intersection, I went left following the tril for about 50 yards where it slpit again. I then back tracked and took the center trail and did the same thing. Not having found any indecation I went to the third trail and there she was about 30 yards down it.
Sorry no pics. Becuase of the bad hit and warmer weather lasnight then what I like for leaving one lay, I just wanted her home cleaned and in the fridge to cool.
 Still trying to figure out why the bad hit, every thing felt and looked so good. I don't know how meny times I picked out leaves on the ground at the end of a day and put a pratice arrow to the spot she was standing.
Have a good day guys mine sure brightened up when I found her.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
 happy2.gif Good Job! I knew after listening to you last night that you would have a good shot at finding her today!

I know there are a few new bow hunters here on the forum that don't have much experience. Learn a great lesson from this. You may be excited and anxious but if you don't know that deer is down for sure take your time, mark any blood with something and then return later. If trip would of followed this deer he could of jumped her into the next county. Once again...great job here! happy2.gif

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
You are so rite mayfly, that waiting game is a hard lesson to learn and stick to but it has to be done.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Great job Trip and thanks for sharing your story with us.

It must be your lucky week, your the MNO member spotlight person and you got your deer.

Maybe we should spotlight Mayfly, so he gets his deer too.  :ROTFLMAO:
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Good job Trip!  I was hoping you were going to find it.  See ya on the chat soon.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
That mihgt be worth a try Spin. lol

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Maybe we should spotlight Mayfly, so he gets his deer too.  :ROTFLMAO:

I guess we could try :whistling: