Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: zapped post  (Read 4145 times)

Offline mcgarth

• Outdoorsman
why do post get zapped? seems mno is turning more and more into that old site that alot of us still visit. i dont post often or reply often now i know why.i doubt this post will last an hour

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
We do not delete posts.  We do move them to the correct area.  If someone makes a post about wanting or needing something, we move it to the "wanted forum section" in free classifieds.  If some posts a joke, we move it to the "entertainment forum" section.  If someone posts a dirty joke, it is moved to the "18 and older" Pout Shout forum.  If someone post a message personally attacking another member, another site we move it to the staff forum.

What post are you trying to find?  I will help you look for it.

Sorry for any confusion.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
why do post get zapped? seems mno is turning more and more into that old site that alot of us still visit. i dont post often or reply often now i know why.i doubt this post will last an hour

Why would I zap this post?? Your entitled to your own opinion.

If you want to talk about illegal aliens etc...then find an Illegal Alien forum to discuss your views. I don't want it here and so it is gone. If you have a problem with that I am sorry. This is an OUTDOORS forum in case you had no clue where you were.

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
PROBABLY BECAUSE WERE TRYING TO GET AS MANY PEOPLE ON BOARD AS WE CAN AND BUILD THIS SITE UP , AND HEATED TOPICS LIKE THE ONE THAT GOT ZAPPED MIGHT TURN AWAY FUTURE MNO MEMBERS . THIS IS AN OUTDOORS FORUM NOT A POLITICAL ONE . WE DO HAVE A SECTION FOR OUTDOORS POLITICAL ISSUES .
WELL MCGARTH I HOPE THERES NO HARD FEELINGS WITH THE POST AND I HOPE YOU STAY ON BOARD WITH US ... :happy1:

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I agree with this one being eliminated. Although it would have really incited alot of discussion.That one was out of the format.Keep it up guys
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Yes, it would have been interesting and brought on a lot of replies and views, but we feel it is not in our best interest to promote topics like that. The second we let it go and stay up in the forums is when some guests or members feel we are promoting the discussion.

Like a couple of people before me stated, this is an Outdoors forum and that type of post does not belong here.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
just a small note to the person who's thread got zapped as to why would be appropriate...IMO.
then there can be no question and threads like this one wouldn't exist.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Some post that we post are not alway about the "great outdoors" persay, sometimes we post things that are about "life" in general.  There are certain times that we all post things on here that stir up a little controversey, I know I have personally done that with my 9/11 post, things got stirred up, but in the end it all worked out.  Sometimes, well Alot of times it's fun to see everyone's different points of view and opinions, and then at the end just agree to disagree.  I don't think SMG meant any harm by his post at all.  I also think the best thing to do was exactly what you did by removing it...sometimes people feel too strongly about things one way or another..and then you know things are just going to get ugly, and in the end there is never really a good outcome, just one long ongoing continued argument.  At first it's interesting to read everyone's opinions, but then it just get's too heated and ends up being a non ending "who can bash each other the worse" kinda thing.  We need to continue to keep things positive here and keep it that way.  You did a good thing by removing it, and of course no way do I mean any offense to you SMG, no way! 
...just giving you all my opinion on this one..thanks for listening!     gg
« Last Edit: November 11/29/07, 11:09:45 PM by GirlGuide »

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
So, if we zap this post, someone can post another topic and ask where the 2 zapped posts went.  :rotflmao:
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline GuideGirlsMom

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Keep up the good work!!! This has been an enjoyable site to visit!!! GGM

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I didn't  see the post but if it was about illegal aliens AND outdoor activities, then it could have gone in the outdoor discussion forum.  If not, then this is not the site for that type of discussion.  Management/owners have the right to manage their own site so that it doesn't turn into something they don't want.  They have sponsors and advertisers to think of who could very well pull their ads.

Thats my take on it.

Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I searched high & low, and this is all I could come up with:

I hope this helps!  ;D  :rotflmao: :toast:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/01/07, 01:50:56 AM by Woody »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                                  Zapped

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
maybe i did look a lil to indepth on it , and alot of the views i agree with , i guess for me the wording is what stoked me , i mean theres other ways to get points across , but anyways , smg theres no hard feelings from me !   :happy1: