Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Showdown by aquavu Depthfider  (Read 3479 times)

Offline luv2fishjj

• Minnow
Has anyone heard good or bad things about this unit? I purchase one last weekend,and I have'nt had a chance to use it yet. The salesmen talk very highly about it. Just want other peoples opinion. I've been using  a flasher for a long time, but they say this unit is the new wave, hope I didnt make a mistake in this purchase!
THanks
« Last Edit: December 12/10/07, 05:56:04 PM by luv2fishjj »

Offline yamahajake

i use an aqua veiw all year round and love it they show you when your into a big school of fish

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
ive heard good things about them too  :happy1:

Offline luv2fishjj

• Minnow
Has anyone heard good or bad things about this unit? I purchase one last weekend,and I have'nt had a chance to use it yet. The salesmen talk very highly about it. Just want other peoples opinion. I've been using  a flasher for a long time, but they say this unit is the new wave, hope I didnt make a mistake in this purchase!
THanks

Offline DarterGuy

• Outdoorsman
    • Northcountry Guides
luv2fishjj, not getting the answer you're looking for? ;)

The Showdown is a good unit. You'll be happy with it. It's basically an upgrade from last years VPG, and a lot of work went into testing the unit, working out bugs, etc... They're easy to use, and very effective. A great way to get into a finder for less money than a flasher too....

What kind of flasher did you run before? Odd you would make the transition if you've been running one for awhile!
Northcountry Guide Service
(218) 444-6479
www.northcountryguides.com

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that the new unit with the verticle/up and down screen?      -thunderpout :happy1:

Offline luv2fishjj

• Minnow
yes this is the up/down or vertical depth finder. thanks for responding

Offline luv2fishjj

• Minnow
Darterguy,
 I was using an old humming bird superthirty-two flasher. I wanted to puchase a marcum lx-3 but the price was spendy. I puchased the showdown for less than 200.00 at a retail store and I have not opened the box yet of the showdown. I'm having 2nd thoughts about the puchase, wondering if I should take it back and save up for the marcum, it wouldnt be till next year though. I watched a video on this unit and it seemed to work quite well and the salesmen spoke very highly about this unit.Whats your opinion? thanks

Offline DarterGuy

• Outdoorsman
    • Northcountry Guides
I fished side by side with one last year on Mille Lacs with one of it's creators, this year I had to get one for clients to try out. They work perfectly fine. You'll like it better than the Super Thirty-Two, that's for sure! I'd rather see you using a Showdown than a Marcum.

Only downfall I've seen is the size of the case, if you use a 10" ice hole, be careful. Other than that they work great. They're better than the Lowrance ice units in the cold, and the vertical display is very nice.
(218) 444-6479

Offline luv2fishjj

• Minnow
DarterGuy,
Thanks for your comments they are helpful. Like I said, I'm not real sure I made the right move with the showdown but with your replies I think I'll keep it. Why dont you like the marcums? I'm new to this website and it seems to be very informative. I see at the bottom of your picture you are a guide service on milacs? If this is true how would I set up a time to go out with you and do you have weekend fishhouse to rent. What are the rates?  Thanks again                 

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Darterguy, Im sure you'll love the showdown, I think that verticle display is pretty darn cool.  Plus I believe its got a heat mode in the screen so ya can fish out in the cold if ya have to... Nuttin wrong with marcums and all the others, I used a humminbird for years until a mishap ended its days, now I got an old Zercom (they dont make em anymore) and I love it!  It'll run all weekend on a gellcell battery, and thats with a led lite hooked up to it!  My buddies allmost need a deep cycle to fish that long with their Vex's and Marcums... I believe the showdown draws less also, and its nice and small too!  Just dont kick it down the hole....maybe a saftey tether?  JK, I'd probably need one...but seriously, if I needed a new flasher, I'd be lookin at a showdown...      -thunderpout :happy1:

Offline DarterGuy

• Outdoorsman
    • Northcountry Guides
luv2fishjj, I'm up in Bemidji, and I rent houses on Red Lake and Bemidji in the Winter. I also guide private trips with ATV's in the Winter, and I run a full service in the Summer on local area lakes. Click the link to visit, shoot me an e-mail with any questions.

thunderpout, I already have a Showdown. I think you were referring to luv2fish. If you liked your Zercom, you should love a Marcum, they're made by the same engineers.... On the other hand, Zercom was owned by Zernov, Zernov now owns Aqua Vu....

Sorry for the late replies, I've been busier than heck with the holidays!
(218) 444-6479