Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Gripe Site  (Read 103439 times)

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's why god invented NAIR!  ;D

WHAT!! In tarnation is Nair!!
Shut up and Shoot

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
 Lets just say, she can ware a thong after using it...LOL
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
oh,,,,,,,,,,that nair,,,
Shut up and Shoot

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Just remember guys....IF MOMMA AIN'T HAPPY, AIN'T NOOOOOOBODY HAPPY !!!!
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
I lent a friend of mine a golf travel bag. anyway when he brought it back it was broken. he told me the airlines did it. so what does that mean. i have to replace it because i lent it out to a friend and while in his possesion it was damaged ?? maybe i am over thinking this. i was brought up a  Little diffrent than that. my father taught us that if we barrow something and it gets damaged we should either fix it better than new , or replace it. is it wrong of me to be upset at my friend.  please chime in and let me have it .
member  # 569

Offline schwinger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I don't think you are wrong at all.

I borrowed my father in laws turck while the tranny was being replaced on my truck and noticed a few things wrong with it so I fixed them (I use to be a mechanic). I didn't break them but he got it back better than he left it and with more gas in it to boot. That is the way it should be.

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
thank you ..!!!  that is how i am as well .
member  # 569

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
I was always taught to leave things better than when you found them (or borrowed them in this case)

I have a friend who has let me borrow his truck several times for projects since i sold mine last year. whenever I borrow it, I fill it up, top of his fluids, pick up any trash in it, etc...

It is only common sense and respect that he should take care of anything that happens to your stuff while in his possession whether it was his fault or the airline.

good luck holdemtwice
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Hey! Here's a novel Idea! Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination.  ::banghead::
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
My guide service business has never been so busy as it's been this year. So, this new client calls and books at trip for him and his wife for the next week. I explained that he must send his deposit to me in the mail right away to secure his date. He says no problem consider it done. I checked for the deposit each day but never received it. ::popcorn::

Now, since we had a holiday (Columbus Day) with no mail I figured it would come late. The day before the guide trip the mail arrived, but no check. I called him up and had to leave a message at his pastry business. In three hours he calls back and I explained that I never received his deposit. Well, he explained "that's because I never sent it". He said that when he told his wife about the trip she didn't want to go. He said I figured when you didn't get the check you'd know were not going. puke.gif

I was real ticked off and and told him I could have booked that date with someone else if he had told me up front and now I lost a whole days pay because he was a moron. :death2:

I should order some pastries from his shop and never pick them up! :taz:

So that's my gripe for today and thanks for listening.

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
What a jerk!  Sorry you had that happen SMG.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
i got a gripe! didnt know we had this here!
geez i could fill this thing up!!

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
hhhmmmm...I didn't know this was here either Bone.  But I dont have any gripes...well at least not today anyway!!   party2.gif  Have a great day everybody!!  gg

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
the day is still young gg!!

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hey this is the gripe site.  Stop being so cheerful and friendly.  Just kidding.  I do have a gripe though.  My neighborhood is riddled with druggies and criminals who couldn't care less about their family, the neighborhood, any person's life, welfare.....I've lived there 14 years and its gone down hill steadily.  It is on an upward slop but good change is so slow.  The neighborhood consists of about 50% duplexes.  That puts double the normal amount of people in that block and many of them are transient -- they know their leaving some  day so they don't care to take care of anything.  I'd like to buy them all up and remodel them into single family homes but IM not rich.

Thats my gripe.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here's my latest GRIPE. :taz:

About 2 weeks ago one of my clients wanted to set out an extra rod, so I set him up with an ultra light combo of mine. I always tell my clients when using my equipment "If you loose it you bought it". So, anyhow I set it up for him and told him to always leave the anti-reverse lock off. This way if your not watching it when a fish hits the reel will spin freely and you can grab it. ::popcorn::

Well, the first thing you know he leaves the lock on and I noticed it so I told him to leave the lock off. He stated that a fish will never pull it in. I followed by telling him if it was his rod I wouldn't give a crap! He then took off the lock. About a half hour later he forgot to leave the anti-reverse lock off again and a smallmouth grabbed the bait and over the side went the rod & reel in 31 ft of water.  oops2.gif

Every time I fish that area with clients I tell that story so If anyone snags the rod they know it's mine. ;)

Now for the rest of the story: ::popcorn::

About a week and a half after the incident we were fishing the same spot in 31 ft. of water and one of my clients hooked what he thought to be a fish. As he began to reel it up he realized it was something other than a fish. Soon he noticed some fishing line at the end of the hook and stated " I think I found your lost rod". Sure enough it was a rod and reel and he was so happy to have rescued my rig.  :rock:

I congratulated him on a job well done after his victory dance. Now!  I exclaimed, there's good news and bad news. The Bad news is that's not my rod and reel. The good news is you got yourself a free new rig. ::hittingself::

Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination.

« Last Edit: October 10/16/07, 11:28:11 AM by smallmouthguide »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
It ain't froze yet.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
OK....I really hate it when grouse numbers go up a little and then we see full page articles in the papers hyping a grouse boom and then you see parades of wanna be grouse hunters scouring the roads.  I wish they could all just go phesant hunting and leave the woods to me! :ROTFLMAO:       -thunderpout :whistling:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've been busy 6 days a week with the guide service. :fishing:  It seems that there are still enough folks left with some money during these hard times and I intend on getting some of it while it lasts.  :popcorn: I was supposed to be out on the water today, but the radar at 2:00 am told me to cancel today's outing.

So, I called my clients at 2:00 am and told them to look at the radar and forecast of 100 percent chance of thunder storms all day. They were more than happy to cancel. Naturally all the storms on the radar vanished within 2 hrs and we could have gone out. :doah:  Thank you National weather service geeks!  :bs:

Just figures since it's Friday the 13th today.

SMG

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Big_D

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Gas prices....'nuff said...

Don't even get me started on this topic...I said a year and a half ago when they reached $3 a gallon that this was gonna run us into a deep recession..if not a depression...

well.......here we are
"If it ain't freezin', it ain't fishin'"

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The first thing you can do about gas prices is drive less. The second thing is slow down. Everyday when I am pulling the work trailer or boat at posted speed limits I am passed and given dirty looks from drivers speeding by. Not even 4.00 a gas is slowing people down.   :banghead:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Big_D

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Noooo, the first thing that can be done about gas prices is get some politicians with some KEEEHONES...get the oil prices down, or get a big bomb, and create Middle Eastern Philadelphia....

That's the first thing that SHOULD be done.

Someone needs to sack up in this country
"If it ain't freezin', it ain't fishin'"

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
All that talk about that new super worm that was set to hit 1,000's of computers on April 1st decided to put me on the prefired list and wiped me out. Therefore I've been without a computer until today when I picked it up from the service center.

When I hooked it back up at home today I found that they wiped out tons of my stuff including years of fish photos even after they had backed it up backed it up and reinstalled it. Now I have to take it back in the morning and drop it off again. They replaced my video DVD player and that don't work either. Can't get on my msn for mail and it won't accept my password or recognize my e-mail address.

Looks like I'll be down for who knows how long. training-087  :taz:  :puke:

Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/09, 09:43:54 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Wow, those suck for sure. I'm not gonna preach to ya, but everyone needs to back up their PC's on a regular basis. I try to do it once a month, but I'm not as religous about it as I should be.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I learned my lesson the hard way after telling everyone to back up stuff.  My hard drive died (mechanical failure) about 6 months after the warranty expired.  I lost 10 years or more of family pictures-and who knows what else.  Actually it's all still there, still have the hard drive (in storage) in case the cost of data recovery comes down.  So it's not totally lost-but may as well be for the time being. 

I've now got a external backup to my internal backup.  Google Rocketfish-they make a nice hard drive enclosure with a one button back up feature.  They only sell them at Best Buy stores-or check on e-bay  ;)
« Last Edit: April 04/14/09, 11:57:27 PM by Jeff »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I forgot this was here. I went back and looked up the old stuff and saw Lee Borgersens old post from August of 2006 of how congress voted on making English the official language of the United States. It is good to see that Senators Biden,Kennedy and Obama amongst others voted against the measure. It may not be long long before we will all have to speak Chinese. There is a regripe for ya.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
My gripe is ungrateful employees.  You give them the schedule that they want. The days off that they want whenever they ask, usually the day before they want off. Give them a x-mas bonus and holidays even though NOother employer in there field gives them. Pay them better than all of the other places in town, and what do they give you when you ask them to help cover some hours in the new store until we get new staffing hired.   You guessed it. 

So far we have only ONE employee that is helping out.  She will be the only one getting a bonus this x-mas.  ALL of the others are just complaining.  It might be time for them to get replaced by employees that are interested in being a team player!!!!

Afeel much better already.  Thanks for listening to my gripe.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Dakids, I'm sure you could find plenty of applicants should these ungrateful employees get laid off permanently or fired. 

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
We have hired one new employee that started yesterday and she is very grateful to get hired because her last employer didn't have a clue, didn't pay for :censored: and changed everyones schedule weekly.  We think that when she tells all of our old employees how lucky they are, that most will start to shape up     we hope.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.